Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony - Possibilities for A7R ii  (Read 11550 times)

Herbc

Re: Sony - Possibilities for A7R ii
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 12:52:58 pm »

I have the A mount 85mm f1.4 and the LA Ea4 adapter (?) and am quit happy with the results from this setup, although in a perfect world an E mount native would be easier to use, as this combo is by far the heaviest of my lenses to use with the A7R etc.

bcooter

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 01:20:38 pm »

Putting some excellent native glass out there is IMO still the main thing for Sony.
................snip.........
Besides that I like my current A7s very much although a mark II with 18 or 24 MP and improved battery life would also be very nice.

I agree though I think it would be nice if Sony would up the build quality.

For the price of the A7s it should have the build quality of the omd em-1 and better autofocus for tracking, along with the 5 axis stabilization.

Then I'll buy em, two, maybe more.

For a company that everyone oohs and ahhs over their sensors they need to rent a 70d and try the live view autofocus for video.  

Get to to the functional level and actually the same build quality of the Canon, cause a 70d cost like $700.

While i'm on it an S log that doesn't just work at high iso and a touch screen.

Sony's Zeiss A glass is great, they just need the camera to catch up.

The F4 E class kind of leaves me cold for video, but for stills the FE lenses seem like a good deal.

IMO

BC
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 03:15:58 pm by bcooter »

JV

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 05:41:52 pm »

I agree though I think it would be nice if Sony would up the build quality.

For the price of the A7s it should have the build quality of the omd em-1 and better autofocus for tracking, along with the 5 axis stabilization.

Then I'll buy em, two, maybe more.

For a company that everyone oohs and ahhs over their sensors they need to rent a 70d and try the live view autofocus for video.  

Get to to the functional level and actually the same build quality of the Canon, cause a 70d cost like $700.

While i'm on it an S log that doesn't just work at high iso and a touch screen.

Sony's Zeiss A glass is great, they just need the camera to catch up.

The F4 E class kind of leaves me cold for video, but for stills the FE lenses seem like a good deal.

IMO

BC

The build quality doesn't really disturb me although I also agree, for a $2.5K camera it wouldn't hurt to be slightly better.  Hopefully with the next iteration.

I have no experience with A-mount glass.  I read some of it is very good, so I am optimistic for the new lenses.  Up till now I quite frankly prefer Fuji X glass to the FE glass

Initially I was struggling a bit with the handling and ergonomics of the camera, being used to the simplicity of Leica and Fuji X. It is better now and not an issue anymore.

I use Capture One as a raw converter.  It is better than Iridient and I tend to not use and like LR.  Also for Fuji X version 8 of Capture One is a significant improvement and pretty much as good as Iridient now.

Joris.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up