Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56   Go Down

Author Topic: Fun with medium format images  (Read 306808 times)

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
Re: Fun with medium format images
« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2015, 07:11:22 pm »

Nicely done, Hans.

Jim

Ken R

tsjanik

« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2015, 11:11:42 pm »

A few MF pictures from me too :)

I had a Phase One IQ160 on loan for a year and here are some shots.

If those are representative of what you're getting with the IQ160, you should buy one.  Really spectacular.

jng

« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2015, 11:58:58 pm »

Just for fun...

Cerro Paine Grande, Torres del Paine National Park - Patagonia, Chile
Hasselblad 501CM w/50mm f/4 CF FLE, IQ160

-John

Garry Sarre

• Photography by Sarre
« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2015, 10:14:55 pm »

Went into the studio today to shoot some MF images for fun, got locked out and had a lot of fun getting back in.
Portrait Photographer and printer

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #225 on: July 19, 2015, 07:33:01 am »

Thanks very much and I can say without reservation that these shots are indicative of the quality you can get with the IQ160. They were shot with the Schneider-Kreutznach 75-150 lens. The camera body was the DF+. Now with the new camera body I'm sure the shooting experience would be quite different. The DF+ body was not to my liking, but still better than the DF which I had most of the time during the one year I had the camera system on loan. I was instructor on a Phase One workshop in the Dolomites in September 2013 and I can say that the group was stunned about the views they got there. We had some very nice weather too which doesn't hurt :) If you browse the Dolomites folders and the Selected landscapes folder you will see photos shot with not only the Phase One camera but also Canon 1Ds III and 5D III and Nikon D800E and D810.

Chris Livsey

« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2015, 02:07:01 pm »

USAF Thunderbolt A10 RIAT 2015

philipus

• philipus.com
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2015, 04:22:16 am »

Ah the Devil's Cross. Very nice, Chris

Chris Livsey

« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2015, 01:01:43 pm »

Ah the Devil's Cross. Very nice, Chris

;D Thank you.

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2015, 04:57:02 pm »

Mamiya ZD :)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2015, 05:19:01 pm »

Erik,

the image itself is more interesting than the crop quality. Nice pic!

Edmund

Hi,

This is an image which I feel may make MFD some justice:

The image may not be remarkable:

But the crop below may show some good detail. Print large and look close:

Best regards
Erik
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

eronald

« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2015, 05:25:45 pm »

A few MF pictures from me too :)

I had a Phase One IQ160 on loan for a year and here are some shots.

http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Selected-Landscape-Gallery/i-j7mwMNs/A

http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Selected-Landscape-Gallery/i-f48b4cn/A

As a quasi-professional cynic, I suspect that this is a superlative photographer working with a decent camera, rather than the other way round :)

We've now seen people on this forum who actually make nice images with MF gear. What will be the next surprise? Politicians elected to solve problems who actually achieve something?

Edmund
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:29:16 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

eronald

« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2015, 07:41:41 pm »

Hi,

This is an image which I feel may make MFD some justice:

The image may not be remarkable:

Erik

Erik,

A guy who was walking there just emailed me this picture, it looks remarkably like yours, but I think the guy has some sort of contrasty film, he seemed to paint a bit of light into the sea and shadows into the valleys, and also he seemed to have a camera with a different aspect ratio, leading to an interesting rising diagonal up to a tree at the very top. I hope you will forgive me if I post his picture, which of course has a very different character from yours, and which I will remove at once if it offends you ...

Edmund

PS. In the days when I was still selling prints, I would spend around 20 hours retouch on the file of every print I wanted to sell. This here just gives an indication of one direction one might want to explore.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:13:29 pm by eronald »

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2015, 01:11:23 am »

Hi Edmund,

Thanks for your suggestions. Just to say, I have spent some time on those pictures and I was never really happy. So, new ideas are most welcome!

Best regards
Erik

Erik,

A guy who was walking there just emailed me this picture, it looks remarkably like yours, but I think the guy has some sort of contrasty film, he seemed to paint a bit of light into the sea and shadows into the valleys, and also he seemed to have a camera with a different aspect ratio, leading to an interesting rising diagonal up to a tree at the very top. I hope you will forgive me if I post his picture, which of course has a very different character from yours, and which I will remove at once if it offends you ...

Edmund

PS. In the days when I was still selling prints, I would spend around 20 hours retouch on the file of every print I wanted to sell. This here just gives an indication of one direction one might want to explore.
Erik Kaffehr

eronald

« Reply #234 on: August 01, 2015, 08:13:05 am »

Hi Edmund,

Thanks for your suggestions. Just to say, I have spent some time on those pictures and I was never really happy. So, new ideas are most welcome!

Best regards
Erik

I don't think we have a retouch forum here. But it's something we could do - you know, post a pic in a thread, and see what various people do with it. I think most of us in this forum are pretty good at the craft of photography, but finding the ideas to keep from being repetitive is a creative rather than technical issue. Somebody like you is already so good at the technical aspects that he is technically capable of capturing any image he can visualize ...

You could post the Raw from that image and ask people to have a go at retouching it, although I think the Tiff would be already more than good enough. I do wonder what Hans Kruse would do with it.

Edmund

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #235 on: August 01, 2015, 08:24:05 am »

Hi Edmund,

Sounds like a bright idea. Coming soon…

Erik

I don't think we have a retouch forum here. But it's something we could do - you know, post a pic in a thread, and see what various people do with it. I think most of us in this forum are pretty good at the craft of photography, but finding the ideas to keep from being repetitive is a creative rather than technical issue. Somebody like you is already so good at the technical aspects that he is technically capable of capturing any image he can visualize ...

You could post the Raw from that image and ask people to have a go at retouching it, although I think the Tiff would be already more than good enough. I do wonder what Hans Kruse would do with it.

Edmund
Erik Kaffehr

Chris Livsey

« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2015, 07:24:12 am »

RIAT RAF Fairford Red Arrows Display team
H1,P45+ 80mmHC

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2015, 11:44:28 pm »

Nice picture and I like the crop. Perhaps a bit to tight on the horisontal side, though.

Best regards
Erik

H1,P45+ 80mmHC

Erik Kaffehr

eronald

« Reply #238 on: August 04, 2015, 11:50:44 pm »

H1,P45+ 80mmHC

Beautiful image. I like the way the sun stars off each canopy.

Edmund

Chris Livsey

« Reply #239 on: August 05, 2015, 02:33:07 am »

Beautiful image. I like the way the sun stars off each canopy.

Edmund

Thank you Edmund, I did have an angle choice and the reflections chose this one for me, it was the engineers I was after, just that touch of human interest, for once I'm pretty happy with a shot, usually they are better in my head.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56   Go Up