Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyway to speed up C1-8 Catalog?  (Read 7269 times)

peekamoose

Re: Anyway to speed up C1-8 Catalog?
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 01:18:09 am »

I have lag issues also using catalogs. I am using a dual monitor system on a mid 2014 MBP with 16GB....
My monitor is an older 27 inch Apple monitor. My hard drives are TB2 or USB3 where I store my files, but my catalog info is stored on the MBP's internal SSD.
Here is my problem:
Sometimes there is no lag when adjusting images. Other times there can be so much lag when adjusting. It is not always adjusting in real time but rather it can take from one second to ten seconds for an adjustment to kick in, and then if it is not what I wanted, I have to readjust and wait for the results.
I have no problems with lag on LR5, which makes me want to go back to LR5 just because of the frustration factor of using CO1 Pro.
Suggestions??
Thanks....

Jimmy D Uptain

Re: Anyway to speed up C1-8 Catalog?
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 10:36:52 am »

I have lag issues also using catalogs. I am using a dual monitor system on a mid 2014 MBP with 16GB....
My monitor is an older 27 inch Apple monitor. My hard drives are TB2 or USB3 where I store my files, but my catalog info is stored on the MBP's internal SSD.
Here is my problem:
Sometimes there is no lag when adjusting images. Other times there can be so much lag when adjusting. It is not always adjusting in real time but rather it can take from one second to ten seconds for an adjustment to kick in, and then if it is not what I wanted, I have to readjust and wait for the results.
I have no problems with lag on LR5, which makes me want to go back to LR5 just because of the frustration factor of using CO1 Pro.
Suggestions??
Thanks....

The first thing any C1 user will tell you to try, and you may have tried it:
Turn off Open CL support.

What helped my performance more than anything was to remove the filter tool from the Library Tab.
After that, open a support case.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up