Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks to Epson for their help.  (Read 552 times)

Andrew Makiejewski

• Photography by Andrzej Stefan Makiejewski
Thanks to Epson for their help.
« on: October 30, 2014, 09:34:19 pm »

I ran into a problem with my Epson 3880 printer a while back. It was 3.5 years old and has made over 600 prints for me. Before this, other then a nozzle cleaning to clear up the odd nozzle not firing and one time magenta drop on the prints that was fixed by replacing the maintenance tank, has performed great. The a bigger problem came up and I tried a number of things to resolve the issue. It was only a week and a half to the ProFusion show, so I waited and talked with Epson. Even Dano was there and it was nice to meet him in person.

Explained to them what had happened. They gave a couple of pieces to take home and try resolve my issue. The I asked some questions as I was thinking about maybe getting the 4900 printer. They said straight out, unless I am printing everyday or every other day, don't. They are production printers and are designed to keep printing. Being idol is not good for these type of printers. I don't have space or other things to keep on printing that often.

Another thing they said that running the power cleaning cycle even on the 3880 should be avoided. It is there really for the repair techs to use after servicing the printer and wished that they never had that option for the users to have access to. Also that a new capping station is something that I should be looking at soon as to the age and usage of my unit.

Want to thank Epson Canada and Dano for the help in getting my printer working again.

Andrew
Capture the moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up