Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of questions about Arca-Swiss QR system  (Read 4633 times)

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
Re: A couple of questions about Arca-Swiss QR system
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 04:34:25 pm »

Thanks for all the replies. I guess this QR system wouldn't have become a de facto standard if it didn't offer tangible advantages. I think I'll go for it (once I manage to decide between the K-20x and the K-30x).

Along with security and speed, another those advantage to the Arca-Swiss open channel dovetail design is it's versatility. More than just a way to attach a camera and lens to a tripod head, Given the variety of rails, bars, additional clamps (panning , cross angle and parallel to rail/bar,) and rotators available from different manufacturers it can be a way  to securely place a camera where a standard support system won't work or fit. I think of it as being a Erector set for photographers and videographers.

Colorado David

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 05:13:05 pm »

Along with security and speed, another those advantage to the Arca-Swiss open channel dovetail design is it's versatility. More than just a way to attach a camera and lens to a tripod head, Given the variety of rails, bars, additional clamps (panning , cross angle and parallel to rail/bar,) and rotators available from different manufacturers it can be a way  to securely place a camera where a standard support system won't work or fit. I think of it as being a Erector set for photographers and videographers.

Amen to that.  I just wish that the video fluid heads I have used the same dimensions for the wedge plates.

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 09:43:01 am »

"Amen to that.  I just wish that the video fluid heads I have used the same dimensions for the wedge plates." I just bought a benro S8 video head and attached a Really Right Stuff PCL-1 the first generation RRS panning clamp) to the wedge plate and mount the DSLR or mirrorless camera to that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up