Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Art Peel  (Read 1963 times)

martin archer-shee

Art Peel
« on: October 08, 2014, 02:48:41 pm »

Has anyone used Art Peel from Breathing Color? If so, what comments? What kind of project?

Martin

martin archer-shee

Re: Art Peel
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 04:02:38 pm »

In addition to the Breathing Color Art Peel I wonder if the Photo Tex product is the same. Anyone try either of these peel and stick products?

Martin

johnATshadesofpaper

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 05:18:46 pm »

you could also throw photo fab into the mix. They claim it handles being cut better with no fraying
John Ferriola
856-787-9200
www.shadesofpaper.com

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 07:35:34 pm »

Breathing Color's Art Peel appears to be a heavier adhesive media than Phototex.  I use Phototex but haven't tried Art Peel or Photo fab yet.

ken

martin archer-shee

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 07:23:03 am »

Ken

Any comments on the plusses/minuses of Phototex? I am totally new to these peel and stick materials.
Thanks
Martin

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 08:39:57 am »

Don't expect to get the same level of print quality as with photo paper, but otherwise print quality is still quite good considering what you can do with this substrate.  I've printed on Phototex signage for clients and stuck them on their store floor---that grabs attention pretty well!  Pay particular attention to your printer settings to avoid bleeding in the print.  Lexjet has good profiles for Phototex.

I am going to have to try Breathing Color's Art Peel---that heavier weight has me curious, especially if print quality is better.

ken

martin archer-shee

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 02:10:26 pm »

ken

Thanks for your clues on Phototex. I just got a small sample roll and have cut some sheets to run on my epson 3880. I downloaded a profile from Phototex but before I go ahead I am wondering if you have used it in a 3880 and if so you have any setting suggestions. According to Phototex it looks like the paper should be treated as Watercolour radiant white and thus one should use the rear feed.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Martin

martin archer-shee

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 06:24:38 pm »

Have printed a couple of 8.5 x 12 test shots to get started.
I followed the profile suggestion for increased colour (15%) but it seemed to flood the image and make it too dark. Also there was a dark line , from a dark area, down one side about an inch in. Looks like a streak.. Looks like too much ink. Not sure what to do.

Second print with my "regular" density settings etc seems quite good. Now the grand kids have two samples to put on their walls.

Will keep trying to "perfect" but must admit it is a cool concept.
Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up