Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fabric like pattern on Luster prints  (Read 681 times)

Herbc

fabric like pattern on Luster prints
« on: September 12, 2014, 11:21:41 am »

I use an Epson 3800, have lately been printing on canvas.  When I made about ten prints on Epson Luster paper, the images had what looks like canvas pattern in the image.  You have to really get close to see the pattern, not at all visible at arm's length, but still a problem should I want to make a gallery print.

Is it possible for the printer to have picked up the pattern from canvas?  More likely, I think, is the rollers need some work.

The printer is probably 5 years old.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: fabric like pattern on Luster prints
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 02:16:11 pm »

strange.  I don’t believe there is a “solid” roller in the printer that could have been deformed by the constant printing of canvas, most of the rollers consist of small short sections of rubber which grabs and moves the paper. But I’ve never torn apart a 3800.

Without seeing a print it’s hard to guess.  A piece of canvas rolled up around a roller in the machine could cause it, but seems that would cause some pretty obvious and more serious problems.  Make sure you update if you discover a cause.

Herbc

Re: fabric like pattern on Luster prints
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 12:15:01 pm »

Ok, it might be what is called "pizza wheel" marks??  very  fine lines running parallel direction of the path of the print head, spaced maybe 1/16" or so apart, very uniform.  Not visible in heavy shadow.

I will spend some time with Epson and see what they have to offer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up