Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: issues with custom sheet sizes on Epson 7890 & 9890  (Read 906 times)

Bob Smith

• http://www.accurateimage.org
issues with custom sheet sizes on Epson 7890 & 9890
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:55:29 am »

I'm seeing some odd behavior.  I'd love to hear someone else confirm this... and possibly offer a solution (doubtful absent a driver upgrade I imagine).

Ive tested on multiple different computers printing out of a variety of software... mostly Adobe CC & CC2014 apps.  identical issues on all of them.

The common elements:  Mavericks 10.9.4 and Epson driver version 9.17.  Epson 4900s on the same system with the same driver version don't show this problem.

The problem:  Custom page sizes are not properly recognized when using sheet fed paper.  Essentially what is happening is that no matter what margin you put in, it's getting changed to zero (borderless) on its way to the printer.  The printer doesn't recognize such settings and falls back to some default that it does recognize that is most likely a grossly different size than what you wanted (or it tries to print the sheet size you defined as roll stock).  This is particularly troublesome if you want to print two sided as you might for book projects.  Epson's default sheet margins are larger on the trailing edge.  You have to manually enter a different margin on the leading edge to make them equal.  If you don't do that... front and back are not in register.  The only way to print to sheets at all is to used one of the built in sizes with the default margins.  Try to change anything and you'll get very unpredictable print output.

As far as I can tell everything else is working just fine using custom roll paper sizes or the built-in predefined sheet sizes.  The custom sheet sizes worked fine on early v9.x driver versions and 10.8.x OS versions.

Ideas?  confirmation?

Bob Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up