Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is theis white line?  (Read 6009 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: What is theis white line?
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2018, 02:11:49 pm »

Ha, thanks!
That's funny. Looks like I unintentionally revived it. But how
Time away from the Coffee Corner can do that!  :D
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 02:56:51 pm »

2-3 days ago, a list of new posts included an intriguing (for me) title, rather similar to "What is this white line." I opened it and it contained a description of the problem, but no images. The post had only one reply, by Mark D Segal, who simple noted that the pictures are missing.

That was spam, Slobodan, and I deleted it and banned the poster. Like a good few spam posts recently, it had enough detail to appear superficially interesting, but for various reasons I am quite sure that it wasn't genuine. I have had cause to write to Mark, to Ernst Dinkla and even to Kevin, who have responded reasonably and nicely to some of the spam, telling them that I was about to delete the thread as spam and assuring them that I had good reason to suspect very strongly that that was what it was.

Jeremy

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 02:58:22 pm »

Ah, ok, Jeremy, so it was you who tried to gaslight me :D

Farmer

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2018, 03:28:32 pm »

Ha, thanks!

That's funny. Looks like I unintentionally revived it. But how?

2-3 days ago, a list of new posts included an intriguing (for me) title, rather similar to "What is this white line." I opened it and it contained a description of the problem, but no images. The post had only one reply, by Mark D Segal, who simple noted that the pictures are missing.

A day or two later, I remembered it and thought, hmmm, the OP must have added pictures by now, let me check. It was nowhere to be found among recent posts, so I tried searching for "white line" in titles, and got this thread.

Or maybe someone was trying to gaslight me ;)

Hah - I didn't even notice.  Are you sure there weren't other white lines involved? ;-)
Phil Brown

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2018, 03:33:56 pm »

Hah - I didn't even notice.  Are you sure there weren't other white lines involved? ;-)

Not sure, but there was plenty of orange in other threads ;)

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2018, 03:59:01 pm »

That was spam, Slobodan, and I deleted it and banned the poster. Like a good few spam posts recently, it had enough detail to appear superficially interesting, but for various reasons I am quite sure that it wasn't genuine. I have had cause to write to Mark, to Ernst Dinkla and even to Kevin, who have responded reasonably and nicely to some of the spam, telling them that I was about to delete the thread as spam and assuring them that I had good reason to suspect very strongly that that was what it was.

Jeremy

If they are a Newbie and they ask a vague question and then they do not follow up after a couple of replies, chances are good that they are trolls (probably better description than spam.)  There is one titled Autumn? right now in About Site forum that seems to fit the bill.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up