Have I missed your anguished posts here bemoaning the loss of life in Syria (enormously greater than in Gaza) over the last two years? Or do you only become upset when Israel is involved?
Just curious.
Jeremy,
That simply isn't very smart. For the record, I am offended to be called a racist by you.
Yes, I am upset by the current situation in Gaza but a pre-existing dislike of Israel is not a pre-requisite condition to be upset. As mentioned several times in this thread, I have a huge amount of respect for the historical cause of Jews and am not objecting the existence of the state of Israel. What about you Jeremy? I sure hope that you are upset as well by the many civilian causalities in Gaza, are you not?
To answer your "question". I am also upset about what happens in other parts of the world where innocents are being killed, such as Syria? Yes, of course, and I surely hope you are as well.
So why did I decide to write about Gaza and not about Syria. Well, I will answer you.
0. The visibility of the situation in Gaza in the world press is a lot higher which increased my awareness of the on-going disaster in Gaza,
1. Israel is a democratic state connected to the world and I believe that change in Israel can only come from inside. Further raising awareness about the way objective by-standers see the killing of children in Gaza must, somehow, trigger some questioning that may, some day, lead to a more humanitarian approach to problem resolution compared to the current F-16 based tactics,
2. Although there is certainly a religious dimension to the Syrian civil war, it is a very different situation compared to Gaza where a strongly dominated minority group is being bombed by a high tech army. It may not be very rationale, but there is a natural tendency to vote for the weak, even if some of them are guilty of wrong going too.
Why did you not start a thread about Syria Jeremy?
Cheers,
Bernard