I was talking with my neighbor about the Gaza issue - she is a Jew and very interested in the whole situation. She told me about how many people feel that Israel is just "mowing the lawn" in Gaza. They have no interest in a real peace with freedom and justice for the Palestinians. Rather, their true intent is to keep the people in Gaza bottled up in their open-air prison, with the blockade and other restrictions, and they just go in and kill people and destroy facilities and weapons once in a while - in other words, mow the lawn. I have no idea if this is true, but is a sad thought. Google "mow the lawn israel" if you are interested.
Related is a story I read yesterday about the Gaza fishermen. Given the long Mediterranean coast, fishing has long been a source of income and food for many Gazans. Now, the Israelis limit the fishing boats to 3 miles offshore, where there are precious few fish remaining. In one town, the warehouse where the fishermen stored their supplies, nets, motors, and the like was destroyed by Israel. And they wonder why so many Palestinians hate Israel?