Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pantone COLORVaNTAGE ink's  (Read 8599 times)

davidr805

Pantone COLORVaNTAGE ink's
« on: September 28, 2005, 11:20:57 pm »

Some time ago I send an email to Pantone asking  how long would the  the ColorVANTAGE ink last .. after  a month or so they reply mentioning their own test results .. but at the end of the mail i found this :

what does it mean .. I can't tell other people what their test results came up with??

John Stanzione
Manager - Technical Support
Pantone, Inc.
PH#201-935-5500, ext. 2135
FX#201-896-0242
e-mail:  jstanzione@pantone.com

This E-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary, legally privileged, confidential or copyrighted information under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any use of, reliance on, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this E-mail in error, please immediately notify me at (201) 935-5500, or by return E-mail and permanently delete the original and any copy of any E-mail and any printout thereof.

This E-mail does not reflect an intention by the sender or principal to conduct a transaction or make any agreement by electronic means. Nothing contained in this message or in any attachment shall satisfy the requirements for a writing, and nothing contained herein shall constitute a contract or electronic signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or any other statute governing electronic transactions.

The reliability of this method of communication cannot be guaranteed. It can be intercepted, corrupted, delayed, may arrive incomplete, contain viruses or be affected by other interference. We have taken reasonable steps to reduce risks against viruses but cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of this transmission.

The views expressed here may be personal and are not necessarily the views of Pantone, Inc.

Response (John Stanzione) - 09/27/2005 10:46 AM
Dear David:

Thank you for using AskPantone.com.

Customer (David Robinson) - 09/01/2005 09:10 PM
I ned an answer to this question please .. waithing so I can buy them

thanks

Customer (David Robinson) - 08/28/2005 11:18 AM
I am interested on upgrading to ColorVANTAGE ink .. I currently use the Epson ink on my 1280 printer..  How long would ColorVANTAGE ink  last (years) and on what paper?

Thanks

David

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:28:39 pm »

So, did you try their inks?

davidr805

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 02:53:25 pm »

So, did you try their inks?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51322\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nop I didn't triy them .. I acctually sold my printer and planing on buying the r1800.. I read a review on the net . (just cudn't find the addresss) and they ware not ok

cheerss

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 03:28:40 pm »

My set arrives Monday.

The r1800 will certainly be a better printer.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 01:22:32 pm »

So, my ink arrived yesterday.  Forensic evidence suggests it was dropped on my front stoop at about 1pm in about 4 degree (F) weather.  I picked it up at around 6pm in about -1 degree weather.

They should be thawed by now.

Can inks take that kind of weather?

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 02:29:39 pm »

Can inks take that kind of weather?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=52923\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Do let us know how previously frozen inks work. The postal service around her also likes to let packages "age" on the doorstep.

-Eric
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 06:44:03 pm by EricM »
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

davidr805

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 10:06:23 am »

I found the link http://www.photo-i.co.uk/News/Aug05/Pantone.htm  I send an email to this guy and reply saying that initial findigs were not so good ...

DarkPenguin

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 02:36:37 pm »

So he is doing a review?

He mentioned the inks so long ago I figured he was just reporting news.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 12:16:08 am »

So far I'm not impressed.

davidr805

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 02:07:38 am »

So he is doing a review?

He mentioned the inks so long ago I figured he was just reporting news.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=52996\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Looking back and seeing the new prodocts reviews .. it seems to me to ..

So far not so god DarkPenguin??

DarkPenguin

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 10:31:29 am »

On glossy paper it looks good.  I still have some system setup (just setup a new pc) but at least it looks okay.  On matte paper things get ugly.  (Literally.)

But I have some testing to do.

I think I'm going to try the printer calibration stuff from the qimage guy.  (Which is about as much as I can afford on printer calibration.  Damned variable rate HELOC.)

cybis

• http://www.lucbusquin.com
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 10:07:37 pm »

I 'tried' the Pantone inks two weeks ago on my 2200. I never got past the nozzles check. After about 20 head cleaning cycles and every trick I could find on the net, I gave up and returned the stuff (just a quater of the ink left without printing a single page!  ). All ok as soon as I put the epson inks back . Relative humidity in the room was about 25%, I'm sure it didn't help...

Luc

DarkPenguin

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2005, 12:19:53 pm »

The nozzle check has been fine.  I can't get it to stop printing like it has a clogged nozzle.

I think I'll be back to epson ink soon enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up