Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much sensor resolution do we need to match our lenses?  (Read 29687 times)

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
Re: How much sensor resolution do we need to match our lenses?
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2014, 10:55:27 pm »

I realized -- doh! -- that I only needed to compute the target's FFT once per batch run. Now a 4-way beam-splitter AA filtered diffraction limited lens from f/2.8 to 1/16 by half stops, and pitch 2 um to 5.7 by the same multiplier runs in 100 min instead of the previous 360.

Thanks, Edmund.

Jim

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2014, 07:39:44 am »

Jim,

We might both find it useful to chat. Can you email me your Skype id?
 My email is edmundronald at gmail dot com

BTW, you might find it useful to save out and read in the F-transformed image file and kernels. You don't need to recompute them unless they change. I don't know if that is useful at your image size, but it might be worth testing. 

I think Matlab has the ability to save out any variable, and the whole environment.

Edmund
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:48:36 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2014, 10:34:48 am »

BTW, you might find it useful to save out and read in the F-transformed image file and kernels. You don't need to recompute them unless they change. I don't know if that is useful at your image size, but it might be worth testing.

The FFT'd target is 13 GB (16384x16384x3x8x2), so it's probably faster to read in the image, pad it, and compute the FFT than it would be to read in the FFT'd version, although it wouldn't make mush difference either way since the FFT'd target is only computed once per batch run now. The kernels change on every iteration, as they are, in general, a function of both the f-stop and the pixel pitch.  At roughly 1 minute per iteration, I think it's fast enough now. But thanks for the advice.

Jim
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:36:54 am by Jim Kasson »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up