Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pixel Bender? what does/did it do? trying to find out if I should be interested  (Read 1036 times)

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com

I am asking as i got a link about a pixel bender accelerator  and I really don't have a clue as to what pixel bender does and so can't evaluate whether it would be worth my time learning how to use it.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

I am asking as i got a link about a pixel bender accelerator  and I really don't have a clue as to what pixel bender does and so can't evaluate whether it would be worth my time learning how to use it.

Hi Ellis,

It's obsolete technology, and not compatible with recent software.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word

It's not an accelerator, but a software development kit for writing image processing algorithms. And, like Bart said, it's not supported on the newer releases.

I looked at it a couple of years ago, and bit the bullet and went with Matlab. There are free image processing SDKs for Python and other languages, and there's a free Matlabish program called Octave.

sniper

I had a play when it was about, but wasn't impressed, it did a half decent oil painting sort of effect, but that was about all I could get that was usefull for me.  I wouldn't bother again myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up