Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Virtual Tour Software Advice (OSX)  (Read 1159 times)

Kevin Gallagher

Virtual Tour Software Advice (OSX)
« on: June 07, 2014, 09:07:32 am »

Hi all, I'm trying to help a friend by setting up a virtual tour of his store to be posted on his website. I have absolutely no idea where to begin here. It looks as if it basically comes down to shooting shots of the location and running a software program to create the "tour". Has anyone had experience in doing this and perhaps can recommend a software package along with any tips you would care to offer?

As Always, Thanks!!
    Kevin in CT

Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Virtual Tour Software Advice (OSX)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 09:24:59 am »

Hi all, I'm trying to help a friend by setting up a virtual tour of his store to be posted on his website. I have absolutely no idea where to begin here. It looks as if it basically comes down to shooting shots of the location and running a software program to create the "tour". Has anyone had experience in doing this and perhaps can recommend a software package along with any tips you would care to offer?

Hi Kevin,

Don't underestimate the effort it takes, but with a good panostitching software, e.g. PTGUI, and a Virtual Reality Tour editor, e.g. Pano2VR, it is possible to do an amazing job. There are also other software solutions that can achieve similar results, but may be harder to learn, or more limited.

But there will be a learning curve, e.g. depending on what you already know about shooting Panos. A great example of what can be achieved is the http://www.airpano.com/ website, but that's advanced stuff on many levels.

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. One can also string together a series of single images, with hot-spots for info or the next image. 360 degree VR shots are not absolutely necessary, but they do add to the sensation of 'being there'.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:25:29 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 12:19:40 am »

Does your friend expect panos in the tour? When real estate photographers and agents say virtual tour they are usually referring to an automated slide show which may (or may not) include panos, pan & zoom effects, floor plans, music, graphics, drawings, or about anything else you can get into a JPEG. This may well be your friend's understanding as well. Mine are produced by TourBuzz. The cost is reasonable and it's easy to do. Check the "Virtual Tour" page on my real estate site. There are links there for sample tours. None of them contain video or panos.

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 12:56:09 am »

The Nodal Ninja site has quite comprehensive information on VR tours software and equipment.

Cheers,
Tom Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up