Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New guy saying "hi"  (Read 2036 times)

barnack

New guy saying "hi"
« on: April 06, 2014, 10:26:42 pm »

Hello, ladies and gents -

This is my first post here.  This looks like a good forum and I am hoping to learn a lot about digital photography, photoshop and inkjet printing from more experienced photographers/printers.  I have always photographed with film cameras up until two days ago (4-4-14) when UPS delivered my first and only digital camera.

I am located in Indiana (USA) and am wondering if there are others here from my home state.  If so, please shout out.
'Shooting with a Leica is like a long tender kiss, like firing an automatic pistol, like an hour on the analyst’s couch."             - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: New guy saying "hi"
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 10:40:57 pm »

It just happens that I am from Indiana.  Indianapolis to be exact.
Welcome to our web site.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

barnack

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:31:51 am »

I'm located about an hour from Indianapolis.  Do you ever have get togethers for forum members? 
'Shooting with a Leica is like a long tender kiss, like firing an automatic pistol, like an hour on the analyst’s couch."             - Henri Cartier-Bresson

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 01:43:52 am »

Greetings, and welcome from Canada's 'wet coast'! I've been to Indiana... does that count?  ???

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 03:14:29 am »

...I've been to Indiana... does that count?  ???

Not really unless you've spent at least 12 months (1 year) in the midwest...otherwise you aren't "tenderized" by the weather...

barnack

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 06:23:14 pm »

I"ve been to British Columbia (Vancouver Island) - it's hard to think of a nicer place to live in terms of scenery.   You are one fortunate man, geographically speaking!  Actually, I can't complain too much - southern Indiana is a nice place to live, but there's no ocean...

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 12:44:23 am »

Not really unless you've spent at least 12 months (1 year) in the midwest...otherwise you aren't "tenderized" by the weather...

Well, after growing up in southern Manitoba and eastern Quebec and working across the north, I've been sufficiently tenderized!! Still have the arctic survival gear and the snowshoes to prove it.  :)  Given the choice I think I'll stay out here in our Pacific island paradise.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 02:47:24 am »

Hi, I don't usually do get togethers but always welcome a visit.  Drop me a private message and we cans et something up.

Kevin
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up