Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a source for 60x60 canvas prints  (Read 3944 times)

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
Looking for a source for 60x60 canvas prints
« on: March 28, 2014, 04:30:30 pm »

If this is the wrong forum for this question, I apologize; please direct me to the right one.

I have a client who wants one of my images printed on canvas at 60x60 inches after stretching. I'm having trouble finding someone to do the printing. The closest I have come is 52x52 -- 60 inch roll canvas, two inches down each side, and two inches all around at the back for the staples. The people with 64-inch printers say that they can't get 64 inch canvas, and even that wouldn't quite get me to 60x60 stretched, only 56x56.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Jim

smjphoto

Re: Looking for a source for 60x60 canvas prints
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:31:48 pm »

i can't help w the 60" stretched as you asked, but have you considered glueing to gator 60" wide or 59+" (or other substrate with finished edges). This would be easy to source as it can be done from a 60" roll. You would need to frame it or otherwise treat the edges, but if 60" is important, maybe there is flexibility about the stretched part. The face would look identical to stretched.
just a thought…
Stuart

aaronchan

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 02:08:56 pm »

There are a few canvas that are wider than 60 inch such as Fredrix 901SJ (73").
But they are solvent media which required a solvent ink printer.
I don't see a problem of using solvent printer for your work as long as you client doesn't care.
But you will have to find a printer who are willing to do that for you.

aaron

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 04:33:57 pm »

From what I understand, 60 inches is the maximum width you can get inkjet canvas because of manufacturing issues.

I've had to go about 54x80 since that extra six inches needed to be used for the wrap and stretch. The print was stunning.

If it doesn't have to be a wrap on frame, consider printing it full-bleed on 60 inches, dry mount to foam board and then put a moulding around the edges. You can make size and still have a stunning image that way. The look of stretched canvas and the size your client wanted. Much faster and easier than stretching, IMO.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

darlingm

• Westland Printworks
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 02:07:59 pm »

Got this email from IJ Technologies a few hours ago:  (BTW, I have never used their premium edition water resistant canvas)

Your printer is 64” so why not use it all? IJ Technologies in response to market trends has its Premium Edition Water Resistant matte canvas available in 64”. 64” canvas enables Fine Art/Giclée and Photographic/Portrait publishers to achieve maximum efficiency by utilizing the entire width of their aqueous based printers.
 Premium Edition Water Resistant Canvas is a textured ink jet canvas which provides professionals with a “true canvas look.” IJ Technologies unique DG ink jet receptive coating allows for a high white point and a wide color gamut. The opaque matte finish is water resistant which allows the use of aqueous based top coats. IJ Technologies canvas is highly stretchable and resists cracking. When used with aqueous Black Diamond Eclipse Finishing Solution your final print will be scuff resistant and have the industry's' best UV Protection.
 Product data sheet available here
Data SheetCall us today for more information at
800-356-6962
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761

plui

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 02:17:27 pm »

Hi Jim, I have done this a few times.

Here is the combination I used:
Epson 11880
IJ Technologies 64 inch Premium Water Resistant canvas (for aqueous) and their top coat
resultant 60 inch face, mirrored gallery wrap around 1.5 inch stretcher bars. I did not stretch it myself - left it to a pro framer.

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 04:04:53 pm »

Here is the combination I used:
Epson 11880
IJ Technologies 64 inch Premium Water Resistant canvas (for aqueous) and their top coat
resultant 60 inch face, mirrored gallery wrap around 1.5 inch stretcher bars. I did not stretch it myself - left it to a pro framer.

Got this email from IJ Technologies a few hours ago:

If it doesn't have to be a wrap on frame, consider printing it full-bleed on 60 inches, dry mount to foam board and then put a moulding around the edges.

i can't help w the 60" stretched as you asked, but have you considered glueing to gator 60" wide or 59+" (or other substrate with finished edges).

This is great; now I have two alternatives worth pursuing.

Thank you all so much.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up