Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: backpack for hassy kit  (Read 637 times)

mitchino

backpack for hassy kit
« on: March 28, 2014, 11:37:16 am »

I'm looking for a good backpack to carry HD4 and a few lenses & accessories, plus a tripod. Be good if it took a laptop too, though won't use that all the time.

For hiking to shooting locations. I realise it'll be heavy!

Any recommendations? I'm in the UK.

colorspace.am

Re: backpack for hassy kit
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 12:07:09 pm »

fstopgear would be a good place to start. else, think tank are fantastic investments.

mitchino

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 04:51:32 am »

thanks, moving this thread to medium format forum

Mr_Bunburry

• michaelstellmach.com
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 04:06:24 pm »

I'm quite impressed with my Gura Gear backpack and I have the Original Crumpler Karachi Outpost which was my go to for most onsite work and travel. 

Not sure if the Crumpler is still available but it has a laptop sleeve and fit my entire MF kit.  One thing I like about it is that the zippers to access the equipment are under the straps so the pack must be removed to get at the equipment, nice if you're in crowded areas and worried about getting things stolen.  The other nice thing about this is that when you set the pack down to get your gear out, the panel that sits against your back doesn't get dirty.  This is the one to look for  in the UK http://www.shop.ca/c/crumpler-the-karachi-outpost-l-gun-metal-grey-pale-blue-KO-03-01B-22147838

I'm in Canada but am grudgingly (and halfheartedly) selling my Karachi as I am using my GuraGear more because its bigger and I'm throwing some Profoto kit in with camera gear.
Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up