Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPF 6100 resurrection.  (Read 978 times)

Trinity

• Trinity Framing
IPF 6100 resurrection.
« on: March 20, 2014, 12:39:32 pm »

(1st post, know little about printers but can rebuild an engine of two)

Printer laid up for 3 years. Switched on did 3 nozzles check with poor but getting better results, but 1/2 the ink lights were flashing anyway. Then thought to look at the ink delivery tubes and 5 were clear 4 full and 3 had splashes of colour in them. Could do with decision making matrix, as I need to get it going.

Heads -is it possible to clean them now, so that any of the new inks stand a better chance of getting through, or straight to new heads (£305 apeice inc VAT)

Delivery tubes - can they be cleaned, or even replaced to match up with a new set of inks.(£?)

Inks - I need them anyway, it's just a question of whether to chance in the old heads with the risk of losing x% of the ink.(£49)

So it's a question of risk- new heads / tubes, clean up old heads and tubes either option being paired with a new set of inks.

If I take the plunge is anyone aware of anything else that might cause problems. Stored in dry warm atmosphere.

I'd really appreciate some thought to allow me to move forward - I've a stack of photo printing to frame.

Keith
Keith Gilson
ww.trinityframing.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up