Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Wide Format + Colormunki Users?  (Read 1375 times)

Jeff Magidson

• Artslides Digital Imaging
Canon Wide Format + Colormunki Users?
« on: April 01, 2014, 06:05:41 pm »

I'm trying to print Colormunki test targets on 8 1/2"x11" sheets with my IPF8300 to no avail.

When ever I go to print the targets from the Colormunki application, the print module defaults to roll paper. If I try to change the settings to sheets, I get the attached error message (Cut Sheet is not available) even though the targets will easily fit on a US letter size sheet.

Has anyone been able to print Colormunki targets on sheets on a Canon IPF8300 or other canon wide format printer?

~ Jeff
~ Jeff Magidson
Custom Archival Printing
http://artslidesboston.com

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Re: Canon Wide Format + Colormunki Users?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 07:30:12 pm »

US letter size sheet is probably under the minimum sheet size. You could check the minimum sizes in the printer dialogue.

MHMG

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 09:49:04 pm »

The 8300 will definitely feed letter size cut sheet. I do it all the time. The 8300 does need a rather hefty trailing edge margin of about an inch, but if the target image size is too big, it would just clip the image. However, It should print.

I'm on a Mac, so I can't say for PCs, but I think the problem might be related to the page setup menu which on the Mac may need to be accessed from the System Preferences Print and Scan dialogue box. Anyway, check to see that under the page size choice in the menu and actually in a submenu when you click on "letter-size" that you have the "letter size (cut sheet)" option picked. If there's another one of the other letter-size choices selected there it will force the roll condition situation you are encountering.

Jeff Magidson

• Artslides Digital Imaging
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 06:34:00 pm »

The 8300 will definitely feed letter size cut sheet. I do it all the time. The 8300 does need a rather hefty trailing edge margin of about an inch, but if the target image size is too big, it would just clip the image. However, It should print.

Thanks David & Mark:

Yes, I too print letter size sheets on my IPF8300 all the time from Lightroom, Photoshop and the Canon Plugin without problems. The problem is the Colormunki application and the way it sets up the target page. The workaround I found was to select 8 1/2" x 11" cut sheets and then check "resize to fit sheet" even though the resulting target prints out at 100%, does not need to be resized and easily fits on an 8 1/2"x11" sheet.

go figure.......
~ Jeff Magidson
Custom Archival Printing
http://artslidesboston.com

MHMG

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 08:45:54 pm »

Thanks David & Mark:

Yes, I too print letter size sheets on my IPF8300 all the time from Lightroom, Photoshop and the Canon Plugin without problems. The problem is the Colormunki application and the way it sets up the target page. The workaround I found was to select 8 1/2" x 11" cut sheets and then check "resize to fit sheet" even though the resulting target prints out at 100%, does not need to be resized and easily fits on an 8 1/2"x11" sheet.

go figure.......

Workaround! There is a Wikipedia page for that!!!!   LOL... and everyone thinks digital printing is now so easy even a caveman can do it :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:58:24 pm by MHMG »

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 10:36:21 pm »

Glad you found a way around it.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up