Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 v. 7 Question  (Read 957 times)

JoeKitchen

C1 v. 7 Question
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:41:12 am »

I still am using C1 v6 and plan on upgrading eventually, but I was wondering something about v7.  I shoot with a tech camera and correct perspectives in camera, but use the perspective controls in C1 during post to make everything perfect.  This, however, does not always work.  I have noticed that C1 v6 makes the corrections assuming the center of the image is the center of the image circle.  If this is not true and there was significant movements in camera, the perspective controls do not work the way they should.  For minor movements in post, which I use, it is usually not a big deal.  But if I shifted the lens a significant amount, minor adjustments can skew the image in a way that is not natural.  

Does C1 v7 allow the user to define where the center of the IC is for perspective controls instead C1 defining it being in the center of the image?  
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: C1 v. 7 Question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 11:37:59 am »

Does C1 v7 allow the user to define where the center of the IC is for perspective controls instead C1 defining it being in the center of the image?

Hi Joe,

No, Capture One also does not allow to set a center-point and do a true Projection distortion correction. For that, when it must be really accurate and full size output, I use a Panorama stitcher because that allows to do proper (optical) projection adjustments, and uses better resampling algorithms.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:47:25 am »

I still am using C1 v6 and plan on upgrading eventually, but I was wondering something about v7.  I shoot with a tech camera and correct perspectives in camera, but use the perspective controls in C1 during post to make everything perfect.  This, however, does not always work.  I have noticed that C1 v6 makes the corrections assuming the center of the image is the center of the image circle.  If this is not true and there was significant movements in camera, the perspective controls do not work the way they should.  For minor movements in post, which I use, it is usually not a big deal.  But if I shifted the lens a significant amount, minor adjustments can skew the image in a way that is not natural.  

Joe - your best results will come from not using AutoCorrect (I doubt that you are, just saying) and also the Distortion Tool will actually create more potential issues if you are using that (with camera movements) as it certainly is affected by lens position.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 07:22:58 am »

Thanks for the reply, and it kind of sucks that C1 does not have this.  I perform almost all of my corrections in camera and only use the PC corrections in C1 occasionally to make things perfect, and by a very little amount each time.  With my work flow, I would much rather have C1 do this than working the image in another program.  With large shifts in camera, this option becomes, well, problematic. 

Maybe now that I have the cube, I will be able to make the images much more perfect on location.   ;D
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent
Pages: [1]   Go Up