Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many V-series cameras did Hasselblad make?  (Read 3624 times)

Rob C

Re: How many V-series cameras did Hasselblad make?
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 05:21:43 pm »

Gosh, I do hope you're wrong.

What a desperately dull world it would be if we all had to eat the same steaks, drive the same cars, use the same cameras...

Indeed, but we never had to do that; there was ever choice, but more often than not it was affordable in photography. I think it's a relatively new development where prices have gone silly for what seems to be not a great deal more value. Looking at today's offerings, the choice seems even greater in the present world than with the film one of yesterday; it's only when your finger itches for MFD that reason begins to falter and desire and advertising muscle flex their respective powers... I think basic digi based on 135 format variations is wide open in the choices stakes: you have the Leicas, such as your brace, and the CaNiks too, with highish tags as well, but affordable if one really, really wants to travel there. And smaller formats also exist with top quality performance.

Anyway, with regard to the reason for my blue thoughts, it was the Hasselblad story as related in the link that made me think about the future as I did when I posted. I think it's probably the way things will turn out to be: another species will die out as have so many before it. I didn't say I welcomed it - you know my feelings of regret about my abandoned 500 Series...

;-)

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up