Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's Your Graphics Card That's Compatible with SpectraView II on Win 8.1?  (Read 1274 times)

doug_ramerth

I have a new Win 8.1 PC build that has a failure to communicate between SpectraView II and a NEC MultiSync LCD2490WUXi2 (see post http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=86408.0). I'm unable to find a list of video drivers proven to be DDC/CI communication compatible with a Core i7 and Asus motherboard.

If you have similar hardware, then what graphics card are you using that allows you to color calibrate on a DVI port only (no USB connection, no HDMI connection)?

Thanks, Doug

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:46:56 pm by doug_ramerth »

PhotoEcosse

Can't you take a DVI connection direct from your MB?
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

mlewis

My experience is that the onboard Intel graphics won't work.  Any AMD or NVidia graphics card should work.  I just built a computer with a new i5 processor and I had the same problems.  I put my AMD graphics card in from my previous computer and that works fine.

doug_ramerth

In my other post, I describe the various builds I've tried in an attempt to resolve this issue.

Integrated graphics with a Core i7 processor (connecting DVI to the MB) doesn't work for me.

A Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4550 card from my older computer that worked fine doesn't communicate with the monitor on my new PC build.

Microsoft tells me it's a hardware compatibility issue.

NEC tells me it's a driver issue.

I'm waiting for Intel to provide support. I'm waiting for Gigabyte to provide support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up