Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: So how is that Subscription Service working out for Adobe?  (Read 156147 times)

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: So how is that Subscription Service working out for Adobe?
« Reply #320 on: February 21, 2014, 01:48:19 pm »

Super happy and cool. If you have issues, don't upgrade. Other's are not happy, join the club of unhappy people. That's reality. 16 pages of people who are telling others they are unhappy and will not upgrade, we get the point. Don't upgrade. That will show Adobe!

I'm so happy for you.  And i have not upgraded and have no plans to upgrade at this point in time.  I'm happy too.

Wanna know what else is reality?  You can ignore this thread if you don't like it.

That will show us!
Craig Lamson Photo

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #321 on: February 21, 2014, 01:50:55 pm »

Wanna know what else is reality?  You can ignore this thread if you don't like it.
Much but not all that has been written here deserves to be ignored. Especially from people who expect foolproof, perfect solutions and refuse to live in a real world.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Craig Lamson

« Reply #322 on: February 21, 2014, 01:52:32 pm »

Much but not all that has been written here deserves to be ignored. Especially from people who expect foolproof, perfect solutions and refuse to live in a real world.

Ignore away, I won't miss you.
Craig Lamson Photo

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #323 on: February 21, 2014, 02:15:06 pm »

Ignore away, I won't miss you.
You can't imagine how shattered such a statement affects me. You simply can't imagine.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #324 on: February 21, 2014, 02:18:39 pm »

You can't imagine how shattered such a statement affects me. You simply can't imagine.

I see reality escapes you once again....

Bye
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:20:41 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #325 on: February 21, 2014, 02:22:48 pm »

I see reality escapes you once again....
Your so called reality, indeed!

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #326 on: February 21, 2014, 02:51:25 pm »

Well, for the last twenty years, I lived in the real world and used this great program without any problems or need to contact Adobe. Then some bright minds in faraway land decided that that method of selling Photoshop was unsustainable and they have to move with the times.

I wouldn't mind trying some of the new program features, and actually I came here to listen to the positive feedback and reports on benefits of the new features. It's sad to hear about all the problems at this time and uncertainties in the future. I welcome all kinds of user reports, and even hearing about all the problems is beneficial. Although some other words when speaking about CC in connection with real-world come to the mind.

I used to work in the software industry, both in the development and support, but never heard of so many problems as now with PS CC. And all was totally unnecessary. If something works, don't touch it. Any potential benefit in gaining new features must be weighed against the time waste (on both sides) and frustration connected with the subscription scheme and unless that balance changes, PS CC will just scare and turn away many potential users. Experiencing plenty of frustration with Win8, I really don't need any more problems.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:53:35 pm by LesPalenik »

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #327 on: February 21, 2014, 03:34:31 pm »

I have no such restrictions on my credit cards and if I did, I have plenty of other options for credit card providers. Any silly excuse you can come up with, I can find a fix for.
So how do you stop people's IDs being fraudulently abused then, which was one issue? Because if you know, you stand to make a fortune. And once again you have not read the post describing the problems correctly and because you personally do not have an issue, everyone else must be at fault.

Bascially I don't really care if people use silly/stupid logic not to use a product, it's their choice. You can bitch and moan till the cows come home and Adobe and the rest of us who need the tools and are willing to pay for the proposition will continue forward. You and your friends can continue to worry about non prefect, foolproof possibilities and worry yourself sick about it, knock yourself out.
Translation: I'm a selfish person who is way too lazy to read posts correctly and will continue to sneer at the rest of the plebs who dare to question how things are done.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

dseelig

« Reply #328 on: February 21, 2014, 03:52:48 pm »

I guess Andrew should change his name to Adobe Attack Dog. Sad really taking some moral high ground on a company that has betrayed those of us that have been there supporting them for years.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #329 on: February 21, 2014, 04:10:45 pm »

He is however a bit toothless in his arguments though.  ;D
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #330 on: February 21, 2014, 04:31:46 pm »

a company that has betrayed those of us that have been there supporting them for years.
I’ve used Photoshop since version 3, so a very long time, and I can’t see how anyone can describe this as a “betrayal”.   While I see random discussions by a few who don’t like it there were just as many constantly complaining about upgrade pricing and in fact that probably led to the current model ... users bitching because their CS2 wouldn’t work on their brand new computer and thinking it was adobe’s responsibility to fix that. In fact I think this is the beginning, I believe more and more software makers will move to this concept.

I’ve been on CC for over 18 months and like how it’s working as do most around me. And I believe it’s expanding Adobe’s user base,  I know of at least 10 or more who have been students in classes at my store that felt they could never afford photoshop who have since subscribed with the PS/LR bundle and are delighted.  I’m a pretty small operation, but I can’t believe this is a unique occurrence.

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #331 on: February 21, 2014, 06:07:02 pm »

Correct, it's not a problem for me, and I don't know a single preson who has this problem. But again, it's a lame excuse. There are far more valid reasons not to go for the subscription than this nonsense. We're to believe this issue, which affects very few (?) who don't use the product for 29-89 days and then go on location without any means to phone or connect to the net is the big boggy man issue here. Ridiculous.  

Well, you don't know me, but I've been having the problem.  I've had the subscription for two months and have been required to log in to my account about 4 times (if I don't log in, PSCC won't open).  I have the idea that this is all supposed to happen (the activation) automagically behind the scenes, but since this hasn't been my experience I'm not sure what the correct behavior should be.  There doesn't seem to be any description of EXACTLY how the process works on any of the Adobe FAQs, just that it will want to connect but you can go for 99 days (far longer than I've had my subscription)

While your suggestion to limber up the laptop and connect to the internet before going on location is reasonable, I wonder if you can tell me if there's a way to be sure that the activation actually took place?  I'd like to see some sort of indicator in the "Help" drop down that tells the status of the activation.  Something like "Reauthorize by xx/xx/2014" would work, or if Adobe wants to make us do the math, "Last Authorized xx/xx/2014".

There ARE many valid reasons not to go for (or like) the subscription model and for me so far this has been a very valid reason -- more for traveling with CC than for using it on my desktop with a good connection.  I haven't found out what's going on, though I did take a suggestion from the Adobe forums to have PS run as administrator (I'm running Win 8.1).  Since I only did this a couple of days ago, I'm not sure if it solved anything.

I don't want to further annoy you (you seem annoyed), but I live in NW CT and can't even get cell service at my house, though a text might make it through.   There are huge cell dead zones heading north into the Berkshires, though service is pretty good around the cities.  And most of Western Massachusetts doesn't even have broadband available.   Though I use and enjoy both my cell phone and the internet, I really don't want to rely on them.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:10:37 pm by Rick Popham »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #332 on: February 21, 2014, 06:57:11 pm »

I wonder if you can tell me if there's a way to be sure that the activation actually took place?
Don't know but I can ask and maybe Mike here can comment. In my case, I never see anything about activation. I use the products nearly everyday, they just launch. I also don't know if having more than one CC product makes a difference, I currently use 3 regularly.
I wonder if the machine you're using is part of the issue (firewall, other such issues).
I don't want to further annoy you (you seem annoyed)
Actually I'm not the least bit annoyed. Others here who disagree with me seem to be, they have to resort to saying I have a reality vortex, I should be the angry dog. Everything works just fine on this end and the software is the cat's meow (that says a lot coming from a dog). No regrets about CC whatsoever. That's why I have no issue if folks decide it's not for them. The numbers of people using or not using CC has no bearing on my happiness of level of annoyance. After 16 pages of this "how's the subscription service working" enough is enough.

dseelig

« Reply #333 on: February 21, 2014, 07:52:03 pm »

I did not say angry I said attack. That you have no problems well Andrew you make money teaching the program so I guess you do not want to say a word against your wallet. Sixteen pages enough well until things change nothing is enough. David

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #334 on: February 21, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »

I did not say angry I said attack. That you have no problems well Andrew you make money teaching the program so I guess you do not want to say a word against your wallet. Sixteen pages enough well until things change nothing is enough.
Utter bullshit. I will repeat, I've had no problem with activation with the new CC schema. I've gone on record here more than once criticizing aspects of the Adobe subscription plan. That I "teach" anything has nothing to do with my opinion and in fact, there are plenty of people perfectly happy with Adobe, maybe more now that the product is affordable to them on a payment plan. No attact either. Some are using ridiculous FUD in respect to the subscription plan, it isn't even necessary. But of course, when the 'other side' has no salient points to dismiss an opinion, they have to throw up this nonsense that the other side makes money by teaching, owning stock, etc. Again, complete BS. But I dont' expect you to actually read my criticism of the subscription plan, anyone that attempts to argue the other side is angry/attack, in a reality void, has monetary interests etc. You have absolutely NO idea what I do to make a living or how my opinions are formed but you'll make statements that are not based on fact.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:04:44 pm by digitaldog »

dseelig

« Reply #335 on: February 21, 2014, 08:20:55 pm »

Hmm Andrew I recall being at a lecture you gave at the Javits center show abut photoshop. It was plainly stated on the literture you were an adobe certified instructor and the lecture cost me money .

Rick Popham

« Reply #336 on: February 21, 2014, 08:27:54 pm »

Don't know but I can ask and maybe Mike here can comment. In my case, I never see anything about activation. I use the products nearly everyday, they just launch. I also don't know if having more than one CC product makes a difference, I currently use 3 regularly.
I wonder if the machine you're using is part of the issue (firewall, other such issues).

Yeah, that's what I thought about the activation.   The last few versions activated automatically, but then you could see a "Deactivate" selection under "Help", so you could be sure it took.  Of course you also got a nag screen if it was in trial mode.

Hard to tell about the machine.  PSCS6 (perpetual) activated without problem, and after I sign in to my account PSCC works fine for a few days -- but then makes me log in again.  I don't do email, browsing or much of anything besides photo work on that machine, so I just have the standard Windows firewall going (the machine IS connected so that's not an issue).  PSCC and BridgeCC are the only CC apps that are running besides the Creative Cloud launcher.  No issues with anything else I've loaded - Photo Kit Sharpener 2 & Color 2, GoogleNIK suite, onOne Suite - all loaded/activated OK.  

I'm sure I'll get it sorted out eventually, but despite the fact that this isn't normal behavior, it's made me gun-shy about using CC apps on a laptop away from my home base.  If it happened once, it can happen again.  No, I don't expect perfection, but I do expect reliability at least equal to what I've been using all along.  As I said before, I would be more reassured if Adobe would let us see our current status.

Thanks,
Rick

Rick Popham

« Reply #337 on: February 21, 2014, 08:48:22 pm »

Just a fun question:

Does anybody install software from anything but the internet?

I can't remember the last time I did it; maybe six or seven years ago?  And then I had to go online to update it.

Glenn

I do.  I built a new machine last summer.  I installed Win 8 from disc, PSCS6 from disc and LR5 from disc.  Yeah, the updates are only available online, but they're usually smaller than downloading the whole program (LR excepted, I think).

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #338 on: February 21, 2014, 09:04:22 pm »

Hmm Andrew I recall being at a lecture you gave at the Javits center show abut photoshop. It was plainly stated on the literture you were an adobe certified instructor and the lecture cost me money .

Uh huh...and exactly what do you think this proves?

It proves that Andrew was a certified instructor and you paid money to listen to him. Odds are you learned something (otherwise you should have asked for your money back).

But if you think for a moment Andrew takes a "pro Adobe" stance because of his knowledge and experience, you are way, way off base. Andrew has the credentials and experience that few people have. Andrew has no problem speaking against Adobe (he does so a lot-even on internal alpha/beta forums). Andrew has zero to gain and everything to lose by saying what he honestly thinks. If you don't like it, lump it, but kindly quite with the conspiracy theories...

Not for nothing, I seem to suffer that same fate. If I don't line up with the anti-Adobe line, I'm painted as an Adobe fanboy in the pocket of Adobe and beholding to them and thus controlled by them. Yeah, well, I'm tired of that shit...I say what I think, the ramifications be damned. If you don't like it, you know exactly what you can do with yourself...

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #339 on: February 21, 2014, 09:16:08 pm »

If your little story has a point, it's lost on me. You went to a lecture at the Javits center and it cost you money, so what? Yes, I'm a certified adobe instructor, been listed on my web site for years, so what?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34   Go Up