Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using the 20Gb storage in PS cc  (Read 1264 times)

Derek Kemp

Using the 20Gb storage in PS cc
« on: January 07, 2014, 01:25:37 am »

I dread asking this. It must be so fundamentally basic, yet, I don't know the answer. Have given up asking on Adobe forums. So I come here:
The Photoshop/Lightroom/Behance $10 per month deal came with 20Gb of cloud storage, or so it stated.
So, how do I use it?  How do I upload my files to my 20Gb of cloud storage. What am I missing?
That's all . . .how do I do it?
DK

PhotoEcosse

Re: Using the 20Gb storage in PS cc
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 06:58:32 am »

Possibly not the most elegant solution - but I would simply place a shortcut to the cloud storage uploader on my PC desktop and then drag files (or complete folders) into it as required.

(But I am possibly not the best person to advise, as I have a deep mistrust of "clouds" and any other storage device that I can't reach out and physically touch.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:00:05 am by PhotoEcosse »
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

Derek Kemp

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 11:24:21 pm »

Thanks PhotoEcosse, I've figured it out. Don't know how I got so hung up. As I suspected, pretty basic.
DK

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:35:32 pm »

So how is it done?

Steve House

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 01:48:28 pm »

But MAKE SURE you have a second backup copy of your files in a location OTHER THAN the local sync'ed folder.  There have been instances where files stored on the Cloud have been inexplicably deleted from Adobe's end.  When a file is deleted from the Cloud storage location, it is also deleted from the local folder on your HD on next sync.  If you don't have an independent backup, that means the file is gone for good.  While I can see the advantages to Cloud storage for some purposes, it isn't ready for prime time as a primary storage strategy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up