Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: photoprocessing software when travelling  (Read 19826 times)

Mike Fewster

Re: photoprocessing software when travelling
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 07:57:54 am »

Thanks Bob. I noted that. I want to have a closer look at the specs to see which model I need. I think I might need the 512 size, which looks pricey. Either that or I'll need to look at the connectivity and continue to also carry a small hard drive. I also want to know (haven't seen it mentioned) about the recharging. My ultrabook needs a small brick as well in my luggage. But yes, this looks to be the breakthrough.
I am currently travelling in Italy, with the ultrabook with LR installed plus a hard drive. It is working well for me as a system. I am also carrying three Sony cameras and trying to decide what I might standardize on/lose for future trips. With me I have an RX1 (quite possibly my favourite camera of all time), an RX100 and a 5n with Just one lens, the Sony 10-18. I am enjoying just reaching for another camera rather than lens swapping, but it is one camera too many. The 10-18 lens on the Sony 5n is brilliant but I might get very interested in the just announced RX100 mk3 which has a widerfocal length and might keep me happy instead of lugging the 5n and then stitch shots from the RX1 when I need even wider. Decisions, decisions.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: photoprocessing software when travelling
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 09:19:58 pm »

Off the topic perhaps, but I remember my first photographic trip and there were all these people in a place they had never been to and will probably never go to again, sitting in a hotel room editing photos.
I now ditch the computer, take lots of cards and spend my time photographing the sites and absorbing the culture. The shots are right when I click the button and they will be right when I sit in a comfy chair with a big monitor and powerful computer back home.
I know exactly what you mean, but it's not necessarily computers to blame. My girlfriend was on a business trip to China a few years back and all the chaps wanted to do was sit in the bar and drink as opposed to having a look around Shanghai.
I will download, sort, name + backup photos out each day whilst away, because if I wait to get home to do that, I may have forgotten the names, details etc that are needed for organising. And that's tediously time consuming when somewhere new and interesting. Though I may grab a shot that catches my eye to post on FB, but that's so quick compared to filing, it's no big deal.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up