Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP z3100 Repair Recommendations in Los Angeles  (Read 1058 times)

foto_man

HP z3100 Repair Recommendations in Los Angeles
« on: November 10, 2013, 03:19:12 pm »

Hello!

I'm looking for a good repair shop to tune up a friends large HP z3100 printer. I think the belt is coming undone.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: HP z3100 Repair Recommendations in Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »

I’m not in the LA area but any HP authorized repair facility will do. Often but not always reprographics outfits have an HP certified technician. Sometimes places that lease and install multi-function printer/copier/scanner and so on also have certified technicians. Grab the yellow pages or Mr Google and make a phew phone calls.

Also, not sure what you mean by the belt coming undone. There is a tensioner on the left side that can be tightened and the belt sometimes works its way off one side of the pulley the tensioner is connected to, and when that happens it needs to be nudged so it sits squarly on the pulley.

If the belt is shedding or torn then it would best be replaced. This is a long but not terribly difficult job and could be done by anyone with about a day to mess with it and some tools that are easily purchased. The belt itself is also inexpensive. There is a video around this site and on the web that walks you through the process of replacing this belt, if needed . There is also a good can find the technical manual for the printer.

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 09:49:37 pm »

Hi,
Well, I'm on the east coast and I've got the same kind of issue with a few twists.

After replacing my belt with the help of the Youtube video, my Z3100ps 44" printer failed to boot. I got clicks of death and the front display seemed dead. At that point, I bet it was the HD, and I replaced the Formatter/HD card, but the certified HP replacement part with a new 2013 HD didn't fix it. Except for faint clicks, click from the HD the printer is basically dead. After testing as many other things that might be bad including many cables, I'm left dazed and disappointed. Could it be the power supply?

At this point I can't justify paying the full HP fee to get it working. Can't find any other repair people within a 100+ mile radius, who might give me a clue. Thought I could find a  "reasonable" one,  but so far no leads have panned out. Anyone within driving distance of Hockessin Delaware experienced in HPZ repair out there?

So I guess, I'll be selling this for parts. Anyone need a replacement HP Z3100ps 44" Formatter/HD, or a machine they could use for parts?

So long for now, Tom

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 12:01:10 pm »

^^Have you thought of taking the printer to someone who can troubleshoot it? At least you may be able to save the cost of the service call. Of course transporting it is not exactly easy.

I have the carcass of a Z3100 24" printer that died and i replaced it with a shiny new 44" edition of the Z3200 PS rather than playing "guess the problem."

So....if anyone is around Seattle and wants an inoperative Z3100 24" (not including the ink carts) send me a note and come and get it....

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 12:54:33 pm »

Justan,
I cannot find anyone with knowledge of the Z series within 100 miles of Hockessin Delaware!

I would love to get a diagnostic on the Z3100ps, yes. If it's the power supply, repairing it wouldn't be so bad, but I've got to move along.

So for now, I'm thinking of selling the new Formatter/HD board for the Z3100ps, and then all the rest for parts.

I too have bit the bullet on the Z3200ps, so I imagine HP will bring out a newer replacement model any day now. ;-)

So long for now, TOM

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 10:33:40 am »

^According to what a HP tech said, the latest edition of the Z3200 PS is a new model.
Pages: [1]   Go Up