Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC PA242, PA272, PA302 questions  (Read 18308 times)

MirekElsner

• Mirek's web site
Re: NEC PA242, PA272, PA302 questions
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 01:53:04 pm »

No, SpectraView will provide full functionality which is why you should purchase SpectraView to drive an instrument or use MultiProfiler.

I am confused with the several meanings of SpectraView. My understanding is that:

• SpectraView II software sold in US will provide full functionality (calibration via LUT in the monitor) with the basic PA monitors sold in the US
  • SpectraView II software sold in the US will also provide full functionality with basic PA monitors sold in Europe, but the software may be hard to obtain, at least directly from NEC (I assume B&H would ship it without problems)
  • With the European SpectraView models customers more or less pay $500 for unlocking HW calibration feature in BasICColor. The model does not even come with a calibration device. These models have extended warranty, though

Correct?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:56:21 pm by MirekElsner »

D Fosse

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 02:08:12 pm »

That's about it. Yes, it is confusing.

You could almost consider US NEC and Euro NEC two different brands, just using the same panels. But product line-up policies are very different. In the EU zone, NEC competes much more directly with Eizo and prices are pretty similar for corresponding models.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 02:36:13 pm »

I'm referring to US options/solutions only as that's where I reside (and can't keep track of what's happening elsewhere. Yes, it's that convoluted <g>).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

MirekElsner

• Mirek's web site
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 08:10:19 pm »

Thanks again everyone. I noticed that EIZO is much more popular among photographers than on the US. I wonder if the pricing policy has anything to do with it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up