Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible? HowTo add 'bulk' snapshot labels to bunch of .dng's for ACR?  (Read 6274 times)

l_d_allan

• Berean photos

I'd like to be able to add the same ACR snapshot label to a group of selected .dng files

Something I regularly do is start with a series of .dng's, and "play around with them", especially when I'm trying something out (like MagicLantern's DUAL_ISO or AUTO_ETTR, or QpCard's QpCalibration, etc.). I prefer to put a snapshot label as I progress through what I'm playing with, such as:
•A AsShot, PV2010, AcrDefaults, AdobeStandard
•B WhiteBal
•C PV2012
•etc.

Within ACR, I'll go to the far right icon tab (Snapshots), click on the small icon near the bottom right to open the "Create Snapshot dialog" (next to the trash-icon), and make the first "Snapshot label" (such as "A AsShot, PV2010, AcrDefaults"), then Select and Ctrl-C to copy the label into the clipboard. Then I'll do a series of
•Down arrow to the next image
•Click on the "Open Create Snapshot Dialog" icon (near bottom right next to trash-icon)
•Ctrl-V to paste the saved label
•Enter key to Save the label (so all ACR settings now saved and associated with that label)
•Repeat for rest of images

This isn't too bad for a few images (dozen or so), but gets really tedious for a significant number. Also error-prone.

At first I thought it might be a "piece of cake" to select all images within ACR, and then create a "snapshot label". However, my experience is that this just makes a snapshot label for the "most selected image" rather than all images. Drat. Perhaps I should try in LR?

Is there some way to accomplish the above (or equivalent) with ACR or LR or PS or some other utility? My observation is that ACR / LR don't have the equivalent of Photoshop's Actions or Scripts, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Possible? HowTo add 'bulk' snapshot labels to bunch of .dng's for ACR?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 12:06:17 am »

No....

l_d_allan

• Berean photos
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 07:00:11 pm »

How about "bulk snapshots" with LR? It would be a more than adequate work-around to use LR to add a bunch of snapshots to multiple images, as ACR can recognize snapshots created by LR.
retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 12:57:46 am »

Nope...about all you could do en mass in LR is create Virtual Copies.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 03:20:42 am »

There is a LR plugin that creates snapshots from virtual copies - here.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up