Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking In  (Read 1464 times)

seamus finn

Looking In
« on: October 24, 2013, 06:41:31 pm »

A glance into a shop in Oxford St., Sydney....

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Looking In
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:20:40 pm »

I like the colors and tonalities, slant, perspective, framing, and juxtaposition of dummies and humans.

WalterEG

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:34:03 pm »

Great to see you posting again.

Are you in Sydney at present?  Would a coffee be totally out of the question?

W

seamus finn

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 05:42:53 am »

Walter, I'm back home but had that coffee invitation arrived a week ago, I would dearly have loved to accept. I suspect we might have had more than one!

Incidentally, I left Sydney Airport minus a bagful of Fuji X Pro1 gear,  body, two zoom lenses and, of course, the pictures - stolen, mislaid, whatever. Such is life.

WalterEG

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 07:12:12 am »

Do what the rest of Australia is doing at present Seamus:  blame Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard.

Sorry to hear of the loss.

seamus finn

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 08:12:00 am »

Walter, re Julia Gillard, I suspect history will be kinder to her than many of her male parliamentary colleagues ever were. I don't think I ever saw a female politician in the democratic world being savaged so brutally for simply being a woman. As for Mr. Rudd, I watched his concession speech live on television after the general election and if you didn't know any better, you'd think he'd won the damned thing. As for the camera gear, compared to recent events in my life, it's nothing, but thanks for your sympathy. I dearly wish we had met for that coffee. Maybe next time if we're all alive...

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 09:51:38 am »

... had that coffee invitation arrived a week ago...

Therefore, I am extending an open invitation for Chicago already now!

Come to think of it, can we make it a beer invitation, please? First, Chicago has better beer than coffee, and second, I am affraid to walk into your coffee shops, for fear of being seen as a drama queen ;D

EDITED to prevent bears from drinking beer ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 07:51:56 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

seamus finn

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 10:16:30 am »

Jesus,  Slobodan, is this Christmas Day for me! Be careful for what you wish for though. I'd be hoping for beer rather than bear, but if that's the way you like it, well, include me out, as MGM famously said. I'm a good watcher though.

First, Chicago has better bear than coffee, and second, I am affraid to walk into your coffee shops, for fear of being seen as a drama queen

OK, well try this place or the other one. They have good bear there! Fear not! And beer too.

Seriously though, I'd give anything to meet you and Walter somewhere. Or anybody else on this forum for that matter.

By the way, that could easily be me in the second shot, a sort of self portrait, seated in contemplative solitude, isolated, alone and lonely - but that's another story. Russ knows the background. Ask him!

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 11:45:58 am by seamus finn »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 04:11:44 pm »

.... I'd be hoping for beer rather than bear...

That's what happens when you type on an iPhone early in the morning and the Auto-correct decides to help :-(
Pages: [1]   Go Up