Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A local copse  (Read 3555 times)

muntanela

• BRATA
Re: A local copse
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 03:39:53 am »

I think it shows the variety that can be had in a single location, and that's certainly part of what makes landscape photography interesting for me.

For me too, an important part.
I like the pictures (very much the fourth, obviously) and your explication of the copse and of its use.
I'm waiting for a picture of the copse with the snow.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 03:49:27 am »

I've got one in the snow, but the light was very flat, no interest in the sky whatsoever. I've no doubt we'll get snow at some point, so if I can, I'll get a shot - if we haven't moved house before the snow comes, which is likely

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2013, 07:42:09 am »

I am genuinely intrigued... can anyone post OOC images with such clouds?
Not exactly OOC as they would be flat and lacking colour raw files. Shot has just had the basic tweaking to make it not look like crap, so looks very like a neutral jpeg out of camera, i.e. much like the scene did.

Not a particularly interesting shot and certainly not as nice as the Chairman's pics, but great sunsets on their own rarely make for exciting pics. The land dropping behind our house simply goes to black in sunset shots with nothing to shoot against, other than if one of the idiot moggies wanders in front of camera.

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Dale Villeponteaux

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 10:06:39 am »

I believe a thicket is a specific type of copse - one with trees of the same type. Thicket is used here in the UK.
Is 'grove' used in the US as that seems a better match?

"Grove" is the word I couldn't pry loose from the thickets of my brain.  "Margaret are you grieving over golden grove unleaving ..."

Thank you,
Dale
My avatar isn't an accurate portrayal; I have much less hair.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up