Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Credo 40 Problems  (Read 2534 times)

fotagf8

Leaf Credo 40 Problems
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:03:24 pm »

I've been using a Leaf Credo 40 digital back for just over 2 months without problems.  Today I received the following error message "Delay between Twoshot pulses for too long should be max 4 sec" 60 times in a row.  I've received this before when I have screwed up the sequence, like not cocking the shutter, but never 60 times in a row.  I am in normal latency mode with the proper cable.  To troubleshoot the problem, I have changed the battery, changed the card, reattached the back, turned the back off, reattached the cabling, and allowed the back to cool for 2 hours.  The back worked fine last night and for about 40 shots today.  I have changed none of the settings.

Has anyone experienced this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it.  I am using the back with an Arca Swiss RM3Di. 

Thanks for any suggestions.

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Leaf Credo 40 Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 05:29:42 pm »

Which cable/s are you using and do you have another one to try it with? Does it work in Zero latency mode?

You local dealer should be able to provide a replacement in case you don't have any

BR

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 09:16:48 am »

As Yaya pointed out, it very well may be the cable, as they can go bad, suddenly.  Are you using the Phase One wake up, with the button?  I will get this message at times on my IQ back, using the Kapture Group cable, but not as many as you mentioned, as that's pretty much a deal breaker for sure.  On the rm3di/lens are you using the Arca cable release with the mag attachment?  I moved away from this as it just wasn't as accurate as I would have liked, and went to a traditional screw in type. 

However as you back just started doing this, did you upgrade firmware?  There was some talk over on getdpi, where some older IQ backs, 160 and 180 did not work as well with the Kapture group style cable or the Phase One wake up style.  Issue seemed to be dependent on the age of the back (older backs mainly) as a different part was used and tolerances did not work as well. 

There is a small tone that is made each time that the back has to hear, and thus sync the shutter, as I understand it, it's a audio type sync.  If that becomes non workable, then you will get the message. 

If you have not updated firmware recently, I would consider trying a new or different cable.  The other test as Yaya mentioned is to try zero latency, just to see if you get any errors, as if you do, then that can point to something in the back, not cable related.  Zero L is not a great solution long term as the battery life and heat will tend to get extreme over time.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 09:28:50 am »

In addition to the cable going bad:
- The lens open/close can be part-way-open such that the shutter fires but the sync port is not activated. To see this take the shutter open/close switch and move it to the fully open position, then to the fully closed position, then place it just slightly open from the closed position. If the shutter is firing and the cable is connected but the back isn't "seeing" the signal then this is the first thing I check.
- The sync port on the lens can go bad. To check this simply put the back in zero latency and take a picture without a wakeup signal. If the back works in this mode that implies the cable and the sync port are both fine and something else is awry.

Work with your dealer. Let us know how it works out!

fotagf8

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 09:54:06 am »

Thanks for the assistance.  I will get back with the cause and the solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up