Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thomas Knoll Interview  (Read 16591 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Thomas Knoll Interview
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 02:45:59 pm »

Sorry, there is a misunderstanding, probably due to my bad English. I mean since 4.1 Lr is capable of toonemapping 32bit images.
By stating this I wanted to express that I read of Thomas Knoll's words that there weill be no chance to see Lr merge any amount of files to one 32Bit image as well as merge several files to a panoramic file.

That's not what I heard...what Thomas said is there isn't a strong argument for multi image compositing which I mean to do what Photoshop does like head swaps and sky additions. I don't think you should take what Thomas said to mean LR (and by extension ACR) WON'T ever be able to do HDR merge and pano merge. Pretty sure those two things are on the table for LR/ACR.

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 02:56:24 pm »

That's not what I heard...what Thomas said is there isn't a strong argument for multi image compositing which I mean to do what Photoshop does like head swaps and sky additions. I don't think you should take what Thomas said to mean LR (and by extension ACR) WON'T ever be able to do HDR merge and pano merge. Pretty sure those two things are on the table for LR/ACR.

Hello Jeff,

many thanks for this clarification ! This makes me look forward to the next Lr versionen more than ever, cause these are features I'm really waiting for.

Best wishes

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

rgg195

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 04:38:55 pm »

With all due respect to Jeff Schewe, I think he is a little blinded by his allegiance and growing dependence on Adobe's success. Every time someone mentions a concern about Adobe's business practices he is the first to jump to their defence and usually with a subtle or not so subtle reverse attack. It's not necessary Jeff, we can all think for ourselves and express ourselves - thanks.

Some better than others...

BTW, I'm really proud of Thomas and the leadership role he has taken at Adobe. He doesn't need me to defend him...he does fine by himself. I was simply trying to explain to judymcintosh what Thomas said and what he meant. You got a problem with that? You are welcome to ignore me.

In addition to a lack of class, it appears you have a problem with comprehension as well, I was not talking about Thomas, but about Adobe's business practices and your constant bull-dog attack response to anyone who questions them. My observation and response is based on many forum discussion conversations  - not just this one. Maybe it's time someone tells the emperor he has no clothes - it appears that you are the one who as trouble thinking for himself (or at least outside of your own narrow agenda) - which is unfortunate because I presume you do have some good qualities.  :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:52:11 pm by rgg195 »

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 05:59:44 pm »

In addition to a lack of class, it appears you have a problem with comprehension as well, I was not talking about Thomas, but about Adobe's business practices and your constant bull-dog attack response to anyone who questions them. My observation and response is based on many forum discussion conversations  - not just this one. Maybe it's time someone tells the emperor he has no clothes - it appears that you are the one who as trouble thinking for himself (or at least outside of your own narrow agenda) - which is unfortunate because I presume you do have some good qualities.  :)

Hum, I guess I'll have to report this post as an ad hominem attack void of any useful content. So far you are't doing very well settling in here on LuLa. Your first post May 9th was Moving on from Adobe, need some final Lightroom advice. I presume because of your displeasure about the Creative Cloud announcement?

Look bud, I don't know you from "Adam" but if you aren't happy with the way I post, you know what you can do, right? Quit reading my posts...

This whole thread is supposed to be about the Thomas Knoll interview and so far you not contributed anything to the topic? Why is that? Did you even see the interview?

michael

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 06:18:53 pm »

Civility please, or I'll shut it down.

Don't mess. I'm in a grumpy mood.

Michael

rgg195

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 06:30:59 pm »

Civility please, or I'll shut it down.

Don't mess. I'm in a grumpy mood.

Michael