Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple of portraits  (Read 515 times)

JB Rasor

• JB Rasor
Couple of portraits
« on: August 24, 2013, 05:08:40 pm »

I'm pretty new to the forum, so I thought I'd put out a couple photos for critique. These are nothing in particular. My wife and I had a trip to Texas and these were around the hotel with a Sony RX1. I processed in Lightroom 5. The portrait oriented shot was high ISO so I applied some noise reduction and tried to balance that with sharpening. Hopefully it worked out well. The landscape orientation was a little tough due to the dynamic range of the image, so balancing the highlights and shadows was my main concern. Anyway, enough of that. What do you guys and girls think?

Iluvmycam

Re: Couple of portraits
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 08:48:15 pm »

Nice change from the usual diet around here. Send in some more.

Try some bathtub scenes. I'd like to shoot a girl in the tub if I had one to shoot.

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:01:09 pm »

Liked the first one, wondered if a tighter crop on just the lady and her reflection would work better and was distracted by the bottom of the mirror (?) frame. The second made me think "how can she stay asleep in that pose?", but I liked the three images within the image.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:04:02 pm by kencameron »
Ken Cameron

Peter Stacey

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 09:46:30 pm »

Until Ken wrote it, I didn't notice, but having seen it, I also like the 3 images within the second shot. On my laptop screen, the color of the second looks a little too magenta, but a good shot all the same. It's stronger than the first.
[img width=80 height=11]http://peterstac
Pages: [1]   Go Up