Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 II ASPH. O.I.S  (Read 17967 times)

scooby70

Re: Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 II ASPH. O.I.S
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 03:59:51 pm »

I have a cheap plastic mount 14-42mm  ;D and IMVHO it's a perfectly adequate kit lens, in fact I'd say that on a Panasonic body it gives better results than many an entry level APS-C DSLR + 17-50mm lit lens combo  ;D The Panasonic combo may "cheat" to a degree to get that performance but they're all doing in body corrections these days so maybe it's only cheating when Panasonic do it but becomes perfectly acceptable when Canon do it  ;D

Regarding the cheap build... Mine still hasn't fallen apart and for the price (next to nothing) it's (IMVHO) a perfectly good kit lens for occasional or even regular use.

I use primes 99.9% of the time but if I want a kit zoom my humble 14-42mm is there and has never let me down and I'd bet a pretty penny that picking 14-42mm images from 14-45mm images would be a very hard task :D

slothead

Re: Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 II ASPH. O.I.S
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 05:38:56 am »

I find that the more lenses that are being introduced, the less accurately they are named for clear identification.  Olympus and Panasonic (more often Panny) seem to repeat focal lengths and improvements and their identification is not always obvious.  I find that unless you have the two lenses in your hands that you are attempting to compare, it can be very difficult to differentiate them (a lot of the differences may be small differences in size).
Tom
Nikon D800, D750, N1 J5, Sony A7R, a6000, a5100, Oly E-P2IR
and an assortment of lenses, adapters and tripods
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up