Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Iridient Developer 2.2  (Read 28289 times)

Manoli

Iridient Developer 2.2
« on: August 13, 2013, 04:16:16 am »

I've just downloaded the 2.2 version -
"This release features yet another new, smoother demosaic option for the Fuji X-Trans (X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X100S and X20) cameras which is availble with the "Soft Look" checkbox option! "

Can't see or find the checkbox - any suggestions ?

ario

Re: Iridient Developer 2.2
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 07:28:23 am »

It is in the "Detail" panel, just under the "Enable Noise Reduction" checkbox.

Manoli

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 08:07:03 am »

Many thanks, Ario.

NancyP

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 05:51:08 pm »

Foveon files .x3f are also supported in Iridient Developer, per their website. I am going to fool with the demo, see if it suits better than the aggravating SPP.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 08:11:21 pm »

Foveon files .x3f are also supported in Iridient Developer, per their website. I am going to fool with the demo, see if it suits better than the aggravating SPP.
I'll be interested in your results and opinion.  I just bought a used DP2M and if I really like it, depending on how bad SPP turns out for me I might consider getting a mac mini just to use Iridient.

Misirlou

• http://
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 06:26:58 pm »

Nancy,

Have you had a chance to run any x3f files through Iridient Developer yet? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts if so.

JRS11

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 07:09:11 pm »

I have had the demo for a long time.  Got the XE1 as it is such a good deal right now and the m43 cameras do not have the physical controls i prefer.  By the time i was done with the lens deal i made a size-able investment, but i figure i am investing in glass.....  But anyway i processed some shots in CapOne, nice i thought, Aperture was ok as well... Then i did my trial of Iridient, finishing in Aperture.....what a difference, the colors were most natural and using it was quite easy.  I did a bit with winter green so not a good test.  I think Iridient may be right for me.  I like Photo Ninja as well but i don't need one of each on my computer.  I am debating buyong the new version, missed the December sale but the price is reasonable enough and i can use Aperture to catalogue and use NIK with if needed.  Any tips on using Iridient with XTrans appreciated. 

Thx

azoth7

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »

I gave Irirident a very thorough workout with some Merrill DP2 files. They came through at the default settings looking very good indeed EXCEPT that some edges and most of the corners had a decidely green cast that faded out as you moved inward towards the center of the frame, rendering the conversions unusable by my standards. I wrote to the software developer, and got this reply (I am, btw, using the latest Sigma firmware:

Iridient Sales

Feb 26 (8 days ago)

to me
Some images with the Sigma Merrill's can be prone to color cast. Tends to show most in corners and edges. The DP2M in particular seems to suffer from this more than other Sigma models. There is some information in the RAW files for correcting this to a degree and over time I have made some improvements to my automatic correction for this issue as well, but I have not yet really been able to achieve an ideal correction for this in the DP2M. Some firmware updates have been reported by Iridient Developer users to improve the color cast so I would recommend the latest firmware updates if you haven't updated your camera yet.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 06:40:01 pm »

Really an excellent raw processor and the support is awesome.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

ablankertz

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 08:11:12 pm »

The only problem is that it's Mac only. Why a company would ignore a major market segment is beyond me.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 08:17:51 pm »

The only problem is that it's Mac only. Why a company would ignore a major market segment is beyond me.
One guy, one engineer who really knows what he's doing. And least we forget, first couple versions of a product called Photoshop only ran on a Mac.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Vladimirovich

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 01:09:56 am »

The only problem is that it's Mac only.

what is Mac ? is it a fast food chain of some kind ?

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 11:42:52 am »

Really an excellent raw processor and the support is awesome.

I agree, but I wish it had a better file browser interface. Has anyone tried using Adobe Bridge as the file browser in conjunction with this program?
~ CB

Vladimirovich

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 12:08:02 pm »

I agree, but I wish it had a better file browser interface. Has anyone tried using Adobe Bridge as the file browser in conjunction with this program?
you can use any image browser that is capable to start an external program and pass the raw file name as a parameter... I use XnViewMP ( http://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/ ) and run Iridient from it.

ario

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 02:34:56 am »

From any browser you can just drag and drop a raw file onto the Iridient Icon and Iridient will open it.

Lundberg02

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 01:20:25 am »

iridient Developer 2.3.5 will be released in a few days to fix some problems with older Fujis.

Lundberg02

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 02:06:29 am »

The developer must have realized the problem was more extensive than he thought. It's been ten days and Iridient 2.3.5 is not on the street yet. I'm not paying 75 bucks for something that doesn't recognize my camera modes.

Vladimirovich

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 11:29:48 am »

I'm not paying 75 bucks for something that doesn't recognize my camera modes.
and did somebody suggested you to buy something before the version supporting your camera will be released ?

Lundberg02

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 03:28:02 am »

Yes, somebody in the Lula suggested it was the greatest thing since toasted bread. It does support my camera, but not all modes. The developer must have discovered the same flaw for other cameras.

ario

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 10:00:12 am »

it is indeed a great raw converter. May I ask which raw "mode" of your camera is not supported?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up