Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LightRoom6 Must have!  (Read 140789 times)

smahn

Re: LightRoom6 Must have!
« Reply #320 on: January 02, 2015, 06:58:23 pm »

The ability to Edit in the open photoshop application on the main drive rather than the backup application on the remote drive.

pflower

« Reply #321 on: January 03, 2015, 06:31:10 pm »

The ability to create a smart collection based upon whether or not a series of photographs have or have not been printed.  I don't really understand why that isn't available anyway but I suppose there is some complex reason for this omission.

jarnoh

« Reply #322 on: January 04, 2015, 04:02:59 pm »

I would like to be able to set white balance for infrared images.   A Channel swap would be a bonus too but I suspect that's not possible.

Channel swapping is already possible with custom profiles:
http://www.capturemonkey.com/redblueswap-lightroom-profiles

Some cameras could use a bit more range in the adjustments, but at least it allows initial previewing.

John Caldwell

« Reply #323 on: January 04, 2015, 08:53:44 pm »

The ability to create a smart collection based upon whether or not a series of photographs have or have not been printed.  I don't really understand why that isn't available anyway but I suppose there is some complex reason for this omission.

Yes! Or more broadly, to be able to Search within History states for states like Print, Export and so on.

John Caldwell

CoyoteButtes

« Reply #324 on: January 05, 2015, 02:45:18 am »

In addition to a fix for the very annoying "Application Moved" dialog that insists on appearing every time I want to go to Photoshop, I'd like an easy, intuitive way to manage, modify, and otherwise edit keywords.

LocalHero1953

• Paul Ashley Photography
« Reply #325 on: January 10, 2015, 05:43:57 am »

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but.....

LR 6 should be adapted to work much better with the Surface Pro 3. The latter is a great machine for managing and editing images while travelling, as is the MacBook Air. The Surface unique touchscreen and stylus interface are not well used however: you still need the physical keyboard for the CTRL and SHIFT keys, and the stylus right-click features are not recognised. I am likely to have the Surface's keyboard with me at all times, but I really don't want to bring a mouse.

PS is slightly better adapted to the Surface Pro 3 (after all, Adobe has made a great play on this), but it still does not recognise the stylus right-click (eg for selecting curve points in ACR).

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #326 on: January 22, 2015, 04:36:08 pm »

LR6 or the next version can seriously help users if it would have a Library Location History(Recent Locations).....And allowing a good chunk of a log file would be very helpful when managing edits for clients and moving from one project to another.

The History feature is really helpful...Indispensable really, and does include some history to the location among all the developing steps!...... BUT....I think there is a major way to improve or add functionality by having a Location History/Recent Locations, or viewed files that would take you back to the file location.
I had posted this thread sometime back, and I thought I would forget about the initial features I wanted, but mostly I have been dummied down and dealing with the way it is.

Well, I hope someone else sees the value in this Library History feature I wish Adobe would implement!

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #327 on: January 22, 2015, 05:19:39 pm »

Look in the filmstrip where you'll find Recent Sources and can save favourites. Been there since 1.0 ;)

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #328 on: January 23, 2015, 12:31:28 am »

LOL!! :o

Not the first time I've done something the hard way.
I could delete my post  :-\
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:00:58 am by Phil Indeblanc »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #329 on: January 23, 2015, 06:17:02 am »

It's a good and, as you say, a necessary feature and I'm surprised Adobe haven't made it more obvious or extended it.

Also in the filmstrip are a couple of back and forward arrows which also have keyboard shortcuts - Alt+Ctrl+left/right arrow or Mac Opt+Cmd+left/right arrow.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #330 on: January 23, 2015, 02:33:21 pm »

OK, Just tried using the Recent folders feature today...

Its got a list of only 12. Can we change that to 20 or 30?

If you have your personal images in 1 year even, all by dates That is potentially 365 days. This area can use improvement if its limited to 12 recents. I see the Fav feature and maybe helpful for other things.
Even a popup thumbnail of what image I last looked at in the folder would futher enhance this area.

Bottom line is that 12 is not enough and should be definable. It obvious this was a needed feature since v1 (I got on LR @v3).
If your database is relatively large (300,000-350,000 images), and contains many folders with date organization, this area is lacking some features. I know creating metadata and collections might help for more long term image organization and this I have slowly added to newer shoots, but for personal images I often don't go through the trouble, and store by date.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2015, 02:46:39 pm »

I think the limit of 12 is sufficient, and you also have favourites. Surely the problem is that not many people notice it's there?

Other solutions might work better. For example, I love how the filter box at the top of Keyword List makes managing long lists so much easier. I'd love to see that feature copied to the Folders panel, and augmented by recent/favourite sources.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2015, 04:17:38 pm »

Yes, if you use the other tools as you mention and collections/smart, its much easier to manage.

I have been using it mainly as a Developer with folder hierarchy style management. I have been a bit less invested in it as I am not sure about its future as far as going CC or not. So I simply don't trust Adobe. 

Although I think investing all the keywords in LR would help universally, and other DAM's could pick up and use that info to manage with more or less little effort. The Filtering of Keywords on Folders would be nice way to use the Smart collections more dynamically.

But you are correct, using those tools(keywording with filtering/collections) make that Recent 12 OK.  Just not looking forward to doing so much to over a 2mil photos on multiple Catalogs. I just rather use a 30+ step log in Recent Edits(I should have clarified earlier. Not just recent browsed, but folders that I made edits in would be more useful than pointless logs of browsing) :-)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2015, 04:12:42 pm »

Being able to rotate image without a constraining crop. A bit like as you can with lens corrections could be very useful, but working in reverse -  an expanding crop as it were. Which I was sure PS did at one time, though can't find option now.  :-\
Currently even with no constraining crop enabled in lens correction, you lose pixels off images edges.
This idea means you can easily fill in blank areas in Photoshop using say content aware without a lot of faffing/workarounds or losing smart object status. Plus being able to rotate/correct with raw images and not lose pixels.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2015, 09:42:59 am »

I'd like to see the Web Galleries be based on HTML5 so that one gets flexible formatting whether the screen in a tablet,  phone, or 30 inch monitor. 

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2015, 12:36:18 pm »

This idea means you can easily fill in blank areas in Photoshop using say content aware without a lot of faffing/workarounds or losing smart object status. Plus being able to rotate/correct with raw images and not lose pixels.

Good Idea. Often I am forced to go to PS earlier than I need. Or even compromise the image final sometimes out of speed over artistic preference.
But since the "page size" is locked in LR, it cant expand past the size to do what you say. That would be a nice addition to unlock it.

AlessioAndreani

• Website
« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2015, 06:26:24 am »

First of all, i'm new, great forum!  ;)

About the op question, i would really be happy to have the HSL/Color/B&W Panel available in the brush. Would be really amazing  :)

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #337 on: February 04, 2015, 01:26:31 pm »

Yes, I wish they would have more fine detail adjustments in the "select regions" ie brush and grads.

I also think the "Quick Adjustments" in the Library mode is a crutch. 
I think I understand its intended purpose to be a fast way to sort and see the image in a couple clicks of different adjustments, but why not just have the main exposure adjustments with the sliders? If you want those large steps in adjustment, just add something with arrows that make larger incremental changes.

leuallen

« Reply #338 on: February 04, 2015, 04:53:56 pm »

I also think the "Quick Adjustments" in the Library mode is a crutch.

No, it can be useful. Say you have 10 images that you judge to be .3 of stop too light. You want to change them as a group all at once. If you use the Develop module, the exposure change will be the same for all 10 images. Lets say image one is -1EV and image two is +1EV. If you set the exposure to -.3 for all, then image one is now -.3EV and two is -.3EV. Not what you wanted.

If you use the Library module and darken by -.3EV then image on is now -1.3EV and two is +.7EV. The exposure is relative in this case and absolute in the case of the Develop module.

Larry

ButchM

« Reply #339 on: February 04, 2015, 05:20:44 pm »

No, it can be useful. Say you have 10 images that you judge to be .3 of stop too light. You want to change them as a group all at once. If you use the Develop module, the exposure change will be the same for all 10 images. Lets say image one is -1EV and image two is +1EV. If you set the exposure to -.3 for all, then image one is now -.3EV and two is -.3EV. Not what you wanted.

If you use the Library module and darken by -.3EV then image on is now -1.3EV and two is +.7EV. The exposure is relative in this case and absolute in the case of the Develop module.

Larry

I agree ... Quick Edit is very useful for working with larger volumes of images on a tight deadline for proofing. I routinely shoot events where I and my team accumulate 2,000-6,000 images in the course of a day ... we need to turn those images around quickly. While sliders may improve the ability to fine-tune an adjustment ... it certainly wouldn't save me any time.

I would be very pleased to see an option for a slider, or the ability to enter a numerical value that is different from  one-third or full step.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up