Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson R2880 - Loading New Ink changes colour of prints!  (Read 2067 times)

littleillustrator

Epson R2880 - Loading New Ink changes colour of prints!
« on: August 01, 2013, 06:14:16 am »

Hello I have an Epson R2880.

I thought I was going a bit crazy, but noticed my prints were sometimes darker and brighter...and then finally clicked it's when I put in a new cartridge that the prints shift in a colour and blacks become denser.

This is a real pain in the behind, because I adjust the image only to find I have to retweak it.

Is this something normal, does brighter prints and blacker, blacks occur within the first few print-outs after a new cartridge has been loaded?

The example demonstrates, the print on the left is before the ink change and then the one on the right is after the print change. The blacks also intensify on the right.

Any thoughts?

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: Epson R2880 - Loading New Ink changes colour of prints!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 06:59:06 am »

I've never seen this sort of effect with any Epson printer before when using genuine cartridges.

Are you using 100% genuine carts from a reliable supplier ?

littleillustrator

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 07:16:25 am »

Yes always 100% genuine Epson inks. Ordered strait from Epson website.

I have had a number of cheap Epson multifunction printers and never had this happen.

jferrari

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 07:55:50 am »

Did you have a clean nozzle check before printing the one on the left?
Nothing changes until something changes.

littleillustrator

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 08:06:43 am »

Did you have a clean nozzle check before printing the one on the left?

No I did not. But it happens each time I load a new ink. But I guess it cleans it every time a new ink is loaded right?

The thing is I notice the colour goes back to how it was after a number of prints...I haven't tested it yet, but I guess it's going to do the same this time around.

littleillustrator

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 07:58:01 pm »

I think I figured out the issue. It switched in print settings to gloss paper, and the reason being for some reason the printer now thinks it has the glossy ink in the printer rather than matte, but I checked and it MK TO968. That was not the ink I just changed over, I only changed yellow. I'm not sure what to do to get it to recognize it as matte ink again?

jferrari

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 08:00:32 pm »

Probably a paper type thing. Gloss paper wants Photo black and matte paper wants matte. Nice image, by the way.     - Jim

littleillustrator

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 08:21:06 pm »

No I want matte paper, it just jumped to gloss on it's own, because it thinks the gloss ink is installed and so it's now only accepting gloss paper types.

I found some similar issue here http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2767920

Thanks in regards to my illo!

Update: Fixed...not sure exactly how, apart from looking at the status monitor, and then exiting that screen and then I get some message like 'ink type has changed - updated'!

Now I just hope prints go back to normal.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 08:26:34 pm by littleillustrator »

jferrari

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 07:20:55 am »

Update: Fixed...

The printer gods have smiled on you! ;D  Best of luck.      - Jim

littleillustrator

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 07:54:36 am »

The printer gods have smiled on you! ;D  Best of luck.      - Jim

Yes I only wish they smiled over me a bit sooner. Wouldn't of wasted so much time and money  ;D

I also figured out the printers wierd paper feed requirement for the back for thick paper. I never could get any paper to feed through and eject properly. So I figured out you have to press 'eject ' on the dialogue box that appears on screen...once... to eject paper, it will then eject the paper, but the button will still say eject. You have to press it again, then it will now show the 'cancel' button  and only then can you refeed the paper.

I also figured roughly the right pressure you need for the printer to grab hold of the paper...geee it's like an art form.

Unfortunately the normal tray feeder is borked. So I will have to get it fixed. It's not even feeding through plain paper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up