Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Impressions of Summer Wild Flowers  (Read 7174 times)

RFPhotography

Re: Impressions of Summer Wild Flowers
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 10:33:02 am »

Sorry Bob, no disrespect meant, perhaps this is where Tony got his ideas from  :)

Dave

LOL!  None taken.  And no, I don't think Tony looked to me for inspiration. ;)

nemo295

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 11:44:00 am »

I love them both.

LoisWakeman

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 03:52:00 am »

- the almost perfectly in focus flower in the foreground has not been 'shopped in, it just came out like that in one of the stacked shots, which is quite odd really, because if they were all moving about, then why not that one so much? Who knows.
I have used a very similar technique on barley and other arable crops - and noticed the same thing - a single almost motionless ear in a sea of movement, which is hard to explain - but I guess in a chaotic system, there must be some calm spots.

Harald L

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 04:14:25 am »

They are different images Harald, so not cropped from one file.

Isn't it odd how what one person likes another dislikes?

But Hey, that's what makes the world go round I suppose  ;D

Dave

Oh yes, you're so right. I've already played with the idea to sign every post of mine with a statement like "This is only my personal opinion and I'm glad about everyone who has another one."
Glad to be an amateur

stamper

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 05:01:52 am »

They are certainly different and all the better for it. I liked them. Trying to do things differently is the way to go. Some work and some don't and that is how someone progresses. It was a pity the first reply was a snide remark about checking your lens.  :(

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 05:10:09 pm »

They are certainly different and all the better for it. I liked them. Trying to do things differently is the way to go. Some work and some don't and that is how someone progresses. It was a pity the first reply was a snide remark about checking your lens.  :(

Thanks for that and I don't think Russ was really trying to be snide with his comments, I think he was trying to be honest and helpful as he saw the image.  :)

Well here is another one from the Monet-esque school of impressionistic photography that I've been playing with and the final one for now I think, as I don't want to become a bore with these experiments - I have also pulled back on the green channel a little to try and make the image, well, less green, but that's the trouble with grass and flower stems etc, they are all very much green, so don't know if this is a good or a bad thing for this image.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, your responses have been interesting and diverse, both for and against, which is no bad thing I think ;D

Dave

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 05:13:28 pm »

...Trying to do things differently is the way to go. Some work and some don't and that is how someone progresses...

+1

stamper

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 03:56:42 am »

Quote Dave.

Well here is another one from the Monet-esque school of impressionistic photography that I've been playing with and the final one for now I think, as I don't want to become a bore with these experiments - I have also pulled back on the green channel a little to try and make the image, well, less green, but that's the trouble with grass and flower stems etc, they are all very much green, so don't know if this is a good or a bad thing for this image.

Unquote.

Dave if it is photoshop you are using I think it is yellow rather than green that is the dominant colour of grass. Not always but you should check the yellow saturation and hue as well as the green.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 11:14:49 am »

Dave, if you're going to try to do Monet, get a brush, some canvas, and some paints.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

RFPhotography

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 11:33:25 am »

Dave, if you're going to try to do Monet, get a brush, some canvas, and some paints.

There's that famous open mind.  ::)

stamper

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 11:39:08 am »

If you don't fancy painting then keep doing the photography. You are good at it and I don't think you should give it up...yet. ;)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 12:11:44 pm »

If you don't fancy painting then keep doing the photography. You are good at it and I don't think you should give it up...yet. ;)
+10.

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

RFPhotography

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 02:01:25 pm »

The forum needs a Like button.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2013, 02:24:03 pm »

I'll buy that. But you can't really do Monet with a camera. You need a brush.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

RFPhotography

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 04:25:29 pm »

I'll buy that. But you can't really do Monet with a camera. You need a brush.

Yes, if you make an absolute literal interpretation.  Children often do that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up