Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MetaRaw for Windows (ACR enhancement)  (Read 1643 times)

Malcolm Payne

MetaRaw for Windows (ACR enhancement)
« on: June 14, 2013, 12:05:46 pm »

As a registered user of FocalBlade, I've just received the following email from thepluginsite.com introducing their new MetaRaw for Windows product, which claims to extend the functionality of ACR as well as opening RAW files which ACR does not currently support.

I haven't had chance to look at it yet, and don't currently have a need for it myself (I use C1 Pro for RAW conversion and CS6 for editing), but thought it might be of interest to some in the light of Adobe's recent CC announcement. Available at 25% introductory discount until 30 June for users of other pluginsite products (i.e. $29.95 cf. $40 thereafter).

<quote>
MetaRaw extends the functionality of the Adobe Camera Raw plugin in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. It lets you open camera raw files with Adobe Camera Raw, which are normally not supported by it, and allows applying Adobe Camera Raw as a filter to image layers. In Photoshop Elements MetaRaw provides automatic lens correction and chromatic aberration removal features for Adobe Camera Raw. Additionally MetaRaw includes its own raw converter, which has several advantages over Adobe Camera Raw.

With MetaRaw you do not have to upgrade to the latest version of Photoshop or Photoshop Elements if you only need support for a new camera raw file type or want to apply Adobe Camera Raw as a filter to image layers.

MetaRaw seamlessly runs three different raw converters directly within Photoshop and Photoshop Elements: Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe DNG Converter and MetaRaw's built-in raw converter. If one of them does not support a certain raw file, one of the others is automatically used. No matter which raw converter you choose, its output can be processed with Adobe Camera Raw.

The built-in MetaRaw Converter produces images that are up to 0.3 megapixel larger than those of Adobe Camera Raw. It is able to open camera raw files from unknown future cameras and supports 170 camera models and 13 raw file extensions than are not opened by the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw. The output of the MetaRaw Converter looks quite similar to Adobe Camera Raw and can be further processed with Adobe Camera Raw. MetaRaw Converter preserves more shadow and highlight details at default settings than Adobe Camera Raw and produces a more natural look for certain raw files.

For more information on MetaRaw visit
http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/metaraw/

For downloading a 14-day trial version go to
http://thepluginsite.com/download883567485/metaraw.htm

<end quote>

Hope that might be of some help.

Best,

Malcolm
Pages: [1]   Go Up