Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I use dual monitors with PS CS6?  (Read 1284 times)

ymc226

Can I use dual monitors with PS CS6?
« on: June 02, 2013, 08:40:43 am »

I just set up my 2 monitors with LR4 and love that I can have one oriented in a portrait orientation to see photos oriented this way much larger.  Once I choose to edit in CS6, the input to the 2nd monitor (portrait) cuts out.  Is there a way to set up the software to continue to see the photo on the 2nd screen?

I'm using the latest MacMini with 16GB RAM, a NEC PA 271W in landscape mode via the Thunderbolt input and a NEC PA 241W in portrait mode via the HDMI input.

stamper

Re: Can I use dual monitors with PS CS6?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 04:33:22 am »

you can set up all of the tools on a second screen and look at your photo on your first screen. I am not sure about using the second screen for your photo but imo it doesn't matter. Using the second screen for the tools is just fine for me.

Paris1968

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 02:27:18 pm »

I do this with all versions of PS and Illustrator, including CS6.  I have my NEC set up on the left, and a Cintique on a swing arm to the right.  When I want to edit something on the Cintique, I simply swipe it over to the right.  All of the palletts, pen selections, control boxes and whatever, stay on the NEC until I move them over separately.  I love the arraingnment. I use Windows 7, but IIRC, I had to set this up using both Windows and the graphics card interface.  It took a while to get all of the settings right, but once done, it works like a charm.

Again, IIRC, I had the option in Windows to make the two monitors idential too, if I wanted.  All this could be done without changing any setting in PS.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:29:06 pm by Paris1968 »

RFPhotography

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 08:32:22 am »

You should be able to drag the tools you want over to the second screen and those should be available in future sessions when you launch PS.  The way CS6 works with tabbed windows, you can drag a tab to the second screen but it's not possible, I don't believe, to have certain images open by default on one screen and other images open by default on the second screen.  The problem with dragging windows is that your tools will still be on the other screen if you have PS setup as a single-screen operation.  If you have a dual screen setup with the tools on one and the main workspace on the other and you drag a tab to the screen with the tools, the image tab will appear behind the tools and it can't be brought forward (it would obscure the tools even if you could).
Pages: [1]   Go Up