Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to generate new business  (Read 7001 times)

Niels_Patrick

• GEISSELBRECHT PHOTOGRAPHY
How to generate new business
« on: May 17, 2013, 03:44:13 am »

for me one of the major questions in our business: how to generate new jobs, clients, budgets...

Do you do self-marketing? Does it effect your bookings? What about gosees, portfolio shows, photo-agent, websites ...

What are you experiences?

Rob C

Re: How to generate new business
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 04:40:01 am »

for me one of the major questions in our business: how to generate new jobs, clients, budgets...

Do you do self-marketing? Does it effect your bookings? What about gosees, portfolio shows, photo-agent, websites ...

What are you experiences?

My friend, if anyone really knew the answers, if one size fitted all, none of us would have the time to sit here and write: we'd be worked off our feet.

Very obviously, we are not. You have to find what - if anything - works for you, generally all by yourself.

Rob C

Niels_Patrick

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 03:25:33 am »

;) :D ;D

All I can tell from my side - a good website is the basic.

I generate 90 % of my jobs via recommendations. Classic advertising does not work in my fileds.
I make traffic via social media and expanding this (tumblr, facebook...) but just get in touch with models, visagists ... not real clients / jobs.

I will work on my portfolio an present them to local agencies... we will see how this effect my business.... I will update you guys ;-)

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 09:27:09 am »

How about doing a business plan?  Too many variables for each photographer to get a quick answer here.

Michael N. Meyer

• Michael Nathaniel Meyer Freelance
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 04:15:56 pm »

Some things work and some things don't. The things that work for one don't necessarily work for another. It's all about trying different things and finding ways to track the results as best you can. I think that the most important thing is in finding an effective way to track the effectiveness of your various marketing efforts. I am constantly re-evaluating my marketing methods.

For me, the most effective marketing has been face to face intra-industry networking. Personal introductions seem to work best for me.

Niels_Patrick

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 06:44:02 am »

thanks for all the feedback.

For me this process is hard - since we all just want to take beautiful photos. I think finding the core-competence is important and gives you direction...

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 01:37:26 am »

thanks for all the feedback.

For me this process is hard - since we all just want to take beautiful photos. I think finding the core-competence is important and gives you direction...

Is this some kind of put on? You have a solid, professional portfolio and a substantial client list? Clearly you have been doing something right. How did you get the business you have had so far? If you mean that you are looking to expand and develop new kinds of business, well, it seems that would depend upon how much versatility, creativity and motivation you can muster.

Whoever said this was supposed to be easy, either the business or creative part?
Pages: [1]   Go Up