Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low end MFD vs FF conundrum...  (Read 5097 times)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: Low end MFD vs FF conundrum...
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 02:25:45 pm »

"I use live view on my 2005 vintage CF 528 all the time tethered to Phocus and its great"

Seriously? I have used the same back and live view is very poor, a smeary grainy black and white lo-res image with very slow refresh rate. "Great" is not how I would describe it.

If you had used this back with the live view on Flexcolor in the past, it is much improved with Phocus.
Rolleiflex USA

torger

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 11:27:02 am »

Low end digital is a fools errand, I'm finding out. I really want to figure out a way to make it work, but without getting in for 3k I'm essentially getting iq that I can get with a dslr. I appreciate the comments and help, but am going to wait a while before I jump into mf.

Yes it is :-), but it can be fun, I do (fairly) low end MFD mostly for fun. For professionals that need to work quickly and on a budget MFD is rarely a good idea. Having second hand stuff without support is not so great when doing stuff professionally, what if the back breaks, you'll need a backup too... better to have stuff that's easy to come by. Or you go all in and pay what it costs.

TMARK

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 02:54:09 pm »

Yes it is :-), but it can be fun, I do (fairly) low end MFD mostly for fun. For professionals that need to work quickly and on a budget MFD is rarely a good idea. Having second hand stuff without support is not so great when doing stuff professionally, what if the back breaks, you'll need a backup too... better to have stuff that's easy to come by. Or you go all in and pay what it costs.

A pro needs something that just works.  A new back from a good dealer works.  You pay for that convenience, though.  You pay a lot.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up