Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative manipulation of "perspective"  (Read 818 times)

hjulenissen

Creative manipulation of "perspective"
« on: April 30, 2013, 07:34:17 am »

What are suggested tools to be able to assemble a series of images taken at different vantage points into one single image that appears to be taken from one (possibly different) vantage point? I understand that no optics or software is able to "look around corners".

If I want to take an image of some object from some vantage point, then recreate (as good as possible) the scene from that same vantage point by placing a print in place of the object, how would I go about it?

regards
h

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Creative manipulation of "perspective"
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:15:32 am »

What are suggested tools to be able to assemble a series of images taken at different vantage points into one single image that appears to be taken from one (possibly different) vantage point? I understand that no optics or software is able to "look around corners".

If I want to take an image of some object from some vantage point, then recreate (as good as possible) the scene from that same vantage point by placing a print in place of the object, how would I go about it?

Hi,

I'm not exactly clear on what you are trying to achieve, but maybe it is something like Microsoft's Photosynth.

It is also possible to achieve similar effects by using more traditional pano-stitching methods. A more or less automated version could be Microsoft Research's Image Composite Editor (ICE).

Another possibility to achieve such composites is by using a regular pano-stitcher, possibly in combination with some masking as a kind of inverse Ghost removal, a Ghost insertion. Hugin is free and quite powerful.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up