Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: new Fujifilm XF lens series roadmap: I like the direction of the X system  (Read 5945 times)

Petrus

Re: 120fps EVF lag might already be less than SLR mirror-raising lag
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 12:55:44 pm »

120fps is about 8ms between refreshes, so has the potential for causing less lag than raising the SLR mirror.

Even if the refresh rate is high, there might be a long lag while the video image is being processed. Lag and refresh rate are not directly related at all.

My experience is from Fuji X-Pro1 and X-E1. There might be cameras with less lag.

Quite clearly it is now cheaper to make video viewfinders than optical ones, and they are also smaller. I see no reason to start using them until they are also better.

BJL

choosing our trade-offs: EVF vs SLR OVF vs rangefinder VF
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 03:20:14 pm »

Quite clearly it is now cheaper to make video viewfinders than optical ones, and they are also smaller. I see no reason to start using them until they are also better.
Fair enough if the current advantages of EVFs are not significant for you, or are outweighed by the current disadvantages.

For my mostly slow working style instead, lag was never much of an issue and is no longer an issue at all with the E-M5's high frame rate mode, so just the glory of manual focusing with the image magnified by anything from 5x to 14x around a selected focusing point alone is enough reason to abandon the mirrors and prisms of an SLR OVF --- and I never liked the severely limited focal length options and rather uninformative preview of optical rangefinder focusing systems.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up