Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The ULTIMATE MF/MFDB image thread - Professional AND Non-professional  (Read 17824 times)

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com

Time to focus on what's important - photographs !

If you're about to reply to another D800 comment - REFRAIN YOURSELF and post an image to this thread instead :-)

(Hasselblad SWC/M / Kodak TMAX-100)

Guillaumeperret

• Guillaume Perret photography
Re: The ULTIMATE MF/MFDB image thread - Professional AND Non-professional
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:00:27 pm »

Beautiful!!

Guillaume

www.guillaumeperret.com

Marlyn

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 04:07:19 pm »

Excellent Plan.

Ice Cave,  Iceland.  - IQ1680, Cambo WRS-AE,  Rodenstock 32mm HR.

Jeffery Salter

• Loving life one frame at a time.
    • Jeffery Salter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 09:34:20 pm »

Singer: Kameka in Miami Florida for Essence Magazine
Camera: DF Phase camera w/  P40+   LS 80mm
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:37:27 pm by Jeffery Salter »
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.
photos:  www.jefferysalter.com
Blog: http://blog.jefferysalter.com/
Instagram: @jefferysalter

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 04:00:28 am »

FWIW, I feel that someone else made a better suggestion: a space for professionally-made images, past or present, from any format, but the emphasis being on the professional genesis.

Why? because many photographers produce great shots on various formats and I'd rather see them than not, which is what tight pigeonholes can't help but restrict.

For myself, I don't care what camera anyone uses: it's the picture that counts. Always has been. I can imagine such tight threads as this here turning ever more inwards to themselves: one day it'll be X-brand only. That will be fun.

Rob C

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 04:23:38 am »

Hi,

A while ago I started a thread where anyone is welcome to post any images.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=74835.0

Best regards
Erik

FWIW, I feel that someone else made a better suggestion: a space for professionally-made images, past or present, from any format, but the emphasis being on the professional genesis.

Why? because many photographers produce great shots on various formats and I'd rather see them than not, which is what tight pigeonholes can't help but restrict.

For myself, I don't care what camera anyone uses: it's the picture that counts. Always has been. I can imagine such tight threads as this here turning ever more inwards to themselves: one day it'll be X-brand only. That will be fun.

Rob C
Erik Kaffehr

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 10:52:52 am »

Then take the ball and run with it - no one's stopping you. In the meantime if you have some MF images you'd like to share...

why even bother with a medium format forum ?

Rob C

I hate it when I go to an Italian restaurant and have to eat Italian food...

ACH DIGITAL

• http://www.achdigital.com
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 11:24:23 am »

Rob, thanks for emphasising what I said. It is just needed. We deserve a place for professional creative photography regardless of format.
The technical part of the forum is already there.

ACH
Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com

Marlyn

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:44:16 pm »

Hows about, not derailing a new thread on one topic, with a wish for another topic ?.  It seems we are incapable here of sticking to the point of any given thread topic.
Rob's point is a topic, fine, so make it a NEW TOPIC.   The constant derailing of every thread into something else, gets old, fast.   If you don't like a topic about MF shots, don't read it.  But also respect those who do.

To that end.  Another MF Shot for those interested in MF shots as per the threads point.

Glacial Ice on the Beach Ice,  Jokusarlon Lagoon, Iceland. - IQ160, Cambo WRS-AE,  Schneider 60mm Lens.

Regards

Mark.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:46:02 pm by Marlyn »

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 02:14:12 pm »

Hows about, not derailing a new thread on one topic, with a wish for another topic ?.  It seems we are incapable here of sticking to the point of any given thread topic.
Rob's point is a topic, fine, so make it a NEW TOPIC.   The constant derailing of every thread into something else, gets old, fast.   If you don't like a topic about MF shots, don't read it.  But also respect those who do.

To that end.  Another MF Shot for those interested in MF shots as per the threads point.

Glacial Ice on the Beach Ice,  Jokusarlon Lagoon, Iceland. - IQ160, Cambo WRS-AE,  Schneider 60mm Lens.

Regards

Mark.

Beautiful images Mark.

Guys, Mark makes a good point. This thread is supposed to be fun, can we just stick to photographic content ? If you want to post from another format fine - just please don't turn it into another format war.

Posted this in another thread but it got locked because of inappropriate comments...

Chelsea NYC/Hasselblad SWC/M/T-Max 100

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 02:26:48 pm »

Hi,

I like that image. In a sense I feel it is a bit too quadratic, and I think I would prefer a more rectangular crop, but that would require a different cloud shape.

Very nice image anyway.

Best regards
Erik

Time to focus on what's important - photographs !

If you're about to reply to another D800 comment - REFRAIN YOURSELF and post an image to this thread instead :-)

(Hasselblad SWC/M / Kodak TMAX-100)

Erik Kaffehr

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 04:54:33 pm »

Then take the ball and run with it - no one's stopping you. In the meantime if you have some MF images you'd like to share...

why even bother with a medium format forum ?

I hate it when I go to an Italian restaurant and have to eat Italian food...

Paulo, if you read more carefully, you'll observe that I am not suggesting this current thread close nor that I have any problem with it existing for the pleasure of other diners snappers; I am simply agreeing with an earlier suggestion that a dedicated space might be created for professional photographs from any format from any era where the poster operated, which should not impact on devotees of MF or their special picture gallery.

Don't be so defensive or see threat where non exists.

As Keith highlighted, there is a problem as to where such an open thread might fit. There doesn't appear to be an appropriate space within the more or less professional corner of the site.

Should you be able to conjour up a workable solution, then I'm sure we would all appreciate your input.

Rob C

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 05:47:49 pm »

Paulo, don't be so defensive or see threat where non exists.

Rob C

If you must - It's Paolo ;)

theguywitha645d

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 05:52:57 pm »

Photo

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:08:41 am by Paul Ozzello »

fredjeang2

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 06:17:21 pm »

Pffff...

How about posting some of those great images from your website or do I have to do it for you ?

;)

You can see more of Keith's work at http://www.keithlaban.co.uk

Great Works keith's images.

Nothing lasts, everything is destined to be transformed and there is a beauty in the decadence process. (and also something somewhere threatening)

tsjanik

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 11:30:28 pm »

Great idea, show some images.  Here’s one I did not intend to take.  I was photographing  some migrating waterfowl today.  None of those shots was interesting, but I saw a monoclinc-shaped  piece of shale next to a typical smoothed stone on the shore.  I find the contrast of stone shapes and the movement of water fascinating.   Not a lens I would normally choose for this shot:  645D, 600mm +1.4x (very heavy crop).  Any comments welcome.

PS Look at Keith's Found Paintings
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:50:09 pm by tsjanik »

torger

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 04:03:25 am »

Here's a disaster in genre - both non-professional and non-medium format. But it is kind of on topic anyway, because it would have been medium format if Leaf had been able to fix my digital back so it works in the winter. Whenever I need reliability I have to leave my Linhof/Leaf back home and bring my Canon instead :(.

It's from January this year in Abisko in northern Sweden. A popular location for foreign photographers too because it's an excellent location for photographing aurora borealis. I like to use longer focal lengths and cut out small sections of the landscape, sometimes minimalistic like here. I had already captured the two peaks some minutes earlier and was shooting in other directions when I saw the small cloud appear between the peaks, and then I made another shot.

The other image is from my Linhof/Leaf combination though (but still non-professional, photographing is my favourite hobby not my profession), from nearby Abelvattnet also in northern Sweden, but in the summer when the Leaf back behaves better. I was tagging along on a fishing trip in the mountains, out a few days with kayak, living in a tent and hiking on the days looking for images, while the others were out fishing. I often combine hiking and photographing and thus need reliable gear. The location was chosen for excellent fishing rather than for grand photographic views, the mountains there are more like hills than monumental peaks. I don't need grand scenes though, just being at a new place awakens inspiration.

This one is shot with 120mm with tilt. I manipulated the scene a little by removing a few conspicuous straws of grass in the foreground to get the pure grass triangle underlined with the tree. At 100% one can see quite a lot of motion-blurred mosquitos, I'd probably retouch the image to remove the worst before a print. Or keep them so those that watch close will understand that this is shot during the worst mosquito season :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:26:09 am by torger »

Rob C

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 04:21:55 am »

If you must - It's Paolo ;)

Being part-Italian myself, I shouldn't have written so quickly; I should have taken a second breath first.

Rob C

fredjeang2

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 07:39:06 am »

;D
I knew this exact post with those exact words was
Going to happen.

Paul is rather new here.. he didn't know, now he knows.

Gosh, when I have time I will do a cartoon animation on
This forum. I already have the characters very studdied.
Schewe, Rob, Keith, CB, MR, the list is long.
It's going to be more realistic than the real life.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up