Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ICC Profile for Canson Platine  (Read 4373 times)

Jim Sanderson

ICC Profile for Canson Platine
« on: March 14, 2013, 01:33:42 am »

Anyone know of a good ICC profile download for Platine Fibre Rag on a Z3200ps?

Jim
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:37:04 am by Jim Sanderson »

David Cordner

Re: ICC Profile for Canson Platine
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 03:35:41 am »

Hi Jim,

Have you tried the Canson website. http://www.canson-infinity.com/en/icc_choice.asp I have just taken delivery of a z3200ps, have it on the stand but no ink in it so I can't comment on the quality of the profile. Platine is a paper I'm very keen to try.

David.

chichornio

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 08:41:19 am »

I use Canson Platine a lot. My advice will be:

1- Use the canned profile as an starting point
2- Edit the paper preset reducing the amount of global ink and gloss enhancer
3- Create a new profile based on the edited paper preset
4- Print a target or sample picture to see if there is any banding on black o dark areas
5- Perform a new paper advance calibration if you see any banding

All those tasks you can perform them using the Color Center Utility

I hope it works for you as it did for me. If you use sheet paper, always load them from behind the printer, because Platine is very delicate to handle.

Jim Sanderson

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 10:41:27 am »

Yes, that's what I'm presently using.  Not bad but wondered if other folks found something better.  Thanks

Jim Sanderson

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 10:59:52 am »

I use Canson Platine a lot. My advice will be:

1- Use the canned profile as an starting point
2- Edit the paper preset reducing the amount of global ink and gloss enhancer
3- Create a new profile based on the edited paper preset
4- Print a target or sample picture to see if there is any banding on black o dark areas
5- Perform a new paper advance calibration if you see any banding

All those tasks you can perform them using the Color Center Utility

I hope it works for you as it did for me. If you use sheet paper, always load them from behind the printer, because Platine is very delicate to handle.

A good idea, I'm having a problem with the printer and profiling though, that's why the canned profile from the net.  Anyone have this problem with the Z3200ps?:

When just profiling the paper through the HP Utility>Color Center>Paper Preset Management>Profile Paper, you get three choices.  Print and profile, print and profile later, and profile from previously printed.  I've always gone with number one.  The printer prints out a profile pattern, lets it dry and then scans and creates a profile.  This go around, and I haven't profiled a new paper for some time, it printed out the pattern just fine all the way to the end and then dated and named the paper preset and the printer and then the print mechanism just a kept going.  Back and forth, back and forth, even though the utility on the monitor said that the print was 100% complete.  Just keep feeding the rest of the 17X22 inch sheet through the machine while the printer mechanism keep going back and forth not printing anything.  Then, when the paper ran out and dropped off the machine, the print mechanism kept going back and forth, back and forth.  After 10 minutes of that I cancelled.  Had to shut off the printer and start it up again.  Did that twice and figured that since I had a printed profile pattern, I'd give option 3 a try and profile from an existing pattern.  No luck.  Weird.  When loading the paper into the machine, instead of loading normally with the leading edge of the paper where it always is, the machine loaded the paper so the print heads lined up at the mid point of the sheet of paper.  That was also lined up about midway through the print profile pattern.  That, of coarse, didn't work out.  Now a clear sheet loads fine, but the sheet with the profile pattern on it loads half way in. 

Any way, I haven't had time to figure out what the heck is going on with the printer and I needed to profile the paper.  By the way, it calibrates the paper just fine.  Any one have this problem before, it's really irritating.  I'm leaning toward the firmware I installed not to long ago, but I don't really know.

Jim

aaronchan

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 02:25:49 am »

Z3200 has a good profiling system.
I would just use the profiling system to profile the paper.
It's fully automatic.

aaron

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 04:33:18 am »

Any way, I haven't had time to figure out what the heck is going on with the printer and I needed to profile the paper.  By the way, it calibrates the paper just fine.  Any one have this problem before, it's really irritating.  I'm leaning toward the firmware I installed not to long ago, but I don't really know.

Jim

Jim,

You may have a sheet size that is just big enough for the target size you selected and/or it could be something with the paper sensor at the insert side of media feeding or the one on the head carriage. At the insert side it is a simple mechanical switch that has to flip forward and backward. Sometimes it gets stuck with paper lint etc. Sometimes it simply is kaput. The calibration target is probably smaller in paper feeding length and the sheet trailing edge does not get beyond the switch. A longer sheet where enough paper remains at the insert side after printing the profile target and at least a foot wide can be loaded as a roll and the insert switch only has to flip forward for the task. If that sheet allows profiling the cause of your problem will be the insert side switch. You can take off the cover that is just behind the roll spindle (you behind the printer), 4 screws, but first you have to disconnect a small connector at the left side underneath that cover, those wires go to that switch.

My 2 cents of deduction

The other mode where you measure later will print a different target lay-out and needs more paper area. You can not load a sheet with the target made in the first mode for the measurement later on. If I recall it correctly you can if you add extra paper one way or another, I must have done that once.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2012, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

Jim Sanderson

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 08:58:28 pm »

Thanks all for the responses.  Figured out my problem with the printer.  I have been loading sheet paper without a skew check as the printer tends to destroy paper when it loads using the skew check.  Turns out you have to use skew check when profiling using single sheets.  All is now well.  Now I'll run a few tests prints to see the difference between Canson's profile from their website and the one I created on the printer.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up