Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to buy an IPF8400 but I'm not ready yet. Any insight on pricing trends?  (Read 3544 times)

Concord

I am pretty set on buying an IPF8400 but I'm not ready to buy yet (busy with other things)--it will be at least a couple months before I'm ready to make prints.

There's an $800 rebate that expires on 3/15.

I don't want to lose out on the rebate but on the other hand I don't want this big printer sitting unused and taking up valuable space (my place is small).

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into pricing trends of wide format Canon printers?

Do you think I'll end up paying $800 more if I wait at least a couple months?

I.T. Supplies

Hello Concord,

We actually sell these printers and show that the rebates end at the end of March.  We have plenty of these in stock.  After all rebates, the price will be below $3000.  Also, if you place an order thru myself, I can waive the lift gate service if needed.
Not sure what Canon will do in the next few months, but our vendor is giving an additional (instant discount) discount for March to have it at this great price.

All instant rebates are taken off the price at the cart.

Let me know if you have questions.
Chris W
800-327-2822 x5583
cwood@atlex.com

Sal Baker

I'm also waiting for better prices (ipf6400).  The current rebates are not nearly as good as the rebates/trade-in deals that ended in December.  I would wait this rebate out and see what Canon replaces it with next month. 

Sal

Concord

Hello Concord,

We actually sell these printers and show that the rebates end at the end of March.  We have plenty of these in stock.  After all rebates, the price will be below $3000.  Also, if you place an order thru myself, I can waive the lift gate service if needed.
Not sure what Canon will do in the next few months, but our vendor is giving an additional (instant discount) discount for March to have it at this great price.

All instant rebates are taken off the price at the cart.

Let me know if you have questions.
Chris W
800-327-2822 x5583
cwood@atlex.com

Thanks for the offer--I will keep it in mind if I decide to buy this month.

Concord

I'm also waiting for better prices (ipf6400).  The current rebates are not nearly as good as the rebates/trade-in deals that ended in December.  I would wait this rebate out and see what Canon replaces it with next month. 

Sal

From what I understand, the rebates that ended in Dec were because the previous models (X300) were being discontinued.

The 8400 was released Oct '12 (not sure when the 6XXX was released but I'm assuming the same time), 8300 was announced April '10.  So I am skeptical that a 8500 would be released so soon since there was about 2 years between 8300 and 8400.

That being said I have not been following Canon's release cycle or price/rebate trends other that the short bit of internet research I have just done.

acktdi

• alvinchanphoto.com

I bought my ipf8400 from The Creative License on Ebay, it was $3995.00 and then a $1000 rebate plus 160$ for home lift gate delivery.  I used Paypal's BillMeLater financing for 0 interest if paid within 1 year.  Pretty good deal if you ask me.  I have no affiliation with the seller.  

They have a website also
http://thecreativelicense.com/

The auction is here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Canon-iPF8400-Wide-Format-Printer-800-Rebate-Final-Cost-2995-Photo-Graphic-/181055335794?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D6195649422623080631%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D181023580534%26

In terms of pricing trends, don't pay more than $3000 after rebate where ever you choose to buy it.

I.T. Supplies

We can beat that price along with the waived lift gate service and free shipping.  We don't charge sales tax outside of IL.  If you're also interested in financing, we have that available as well.

We do our best to price match competitors.
Let me know if you have questions regarding the price and payment options.  We also offer the ability to go thru PayPal.

Atlex.com
cwood@atlex.com
800-327-2822 x5583

chez

I don't know about others...but sales pitches really don't belong on the forum. If commercial resources have valid input into the discussions, then that is fine, but dropping sales pitches is out of line. Just my opinion here.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com

We can beat that price along with the waived lift gate service and free shipping.  We don't charge sales tax outside of IL.  If you're also interested in financing, we have that available as well.

We do our best to price match competitors.
Let me know if you have questions regarding the price and payment options.  We also offer the ability to go thru PayPal.

Atlex.com
cwood@atlex.com
800-327-2822 x5583

This is NOT a commercial forum - please refrain from overt sales pitches!

enduser

Must admit, I've been waiting for this to come to a head for some time.

Concord

So the rebate ends tomorrow.

Anyone think I'll be able to pick one up (new) in a couple-few months for ~$3000?

I know nobody has a crystal ball, just wondering how common rebates/discounts are on these machines?

I.T. Supplies

Concord,

Unfortunately, the rebate for the $800 ends tomorrow, as well as the instant.  Not sure sure what Canon will do in the next month.  They are not able to go more than 3 months with the same rebate(s) in a row.

This may be one of the best discounts at the moment.  It may go back to around $4K and under for another month or 2.
I would recommend trying to get one ordered by Friday unless you can possibly wait to see what happens in the next month or 2.

Atlex.com
800-327-2822

Kevin Gallagher

+1 to what enduser said!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:14:48 pm by Kevin Gallagher »
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Concord

If anyone's interested, I found this thread which is relevant to the thread topic.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=62213.0

jferrari

Pricing trends of a year ago... Not sure of how much help that might be to your OP.
Nothing changes until something changes.

Sal Baker

Pricing trends of a year ago... Not sure of how much help that might be to your OP.

It was pretty much representative of rebates this last winter.  Seems to be a trend.

Sal
Pages: [1]   Go Up