Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DP3M Commentary by Hulyss Bowman  (Read 16545 times)

Ray

Re: DP3M Commentary by Hulyss Bowman
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 10:41:22 am »

Ray, you have forgotten all about the driving angst, the greatest angst of them all: follow the guru angst. It's the force, baby, the driving force. Who needs the ugly face of Fact if one can enjoy those twin effing sisters: Fiction and Faith?

;-)

Rob C

What can I say, Rob! I'm happy to be free of all angst, great or small. To achieve that, I probably need an affordable, lightweight, 30mp (spatially) Foveon Camera with the DR, SNR, and high-ISO performance of a D800E, and a fixed, 10x zoom lens made from super lightweight nano materials, and which is equal in optical performance at every focal length to the DP3 Merrill fixed 50mm prime.

Oh! I almost forgot. I'd also like the glass in the lens to be made out of nano-materials which have a negative refractive index so that the lens is not limited by diffraction at F16 and F22.

Then I'll be free of all angst.  ;D

Rob C

Re: DP3M Commentary by Hulyss Bowman
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 01:47:16 pm »

What can I say, Rob! I'm happy to be free of all angst, great or small. To achieve that, I probably need an affordable, lightweight, 30mp (spatially) Foveon Camera with the DR, SNR, and high-ISO performance of a D800E, and a fixed, 10x zoom lens made from super lightweight nano materials, and which is equal in optical performance at every focal length to the DP3 Merrill fixed 50mm prime.

Oh! I almost forgot. I'd also like the glass in the lens to be made out of nano-materials which have a negative refractive index so that the lens is not limited by diffraction at F16 and F22.

Then I'll be free of all angst.  ;D

Then were would be the fun, the challenge?

To be honest with you, and just between the two of us, I've never invited challenge into my life: I like to be firmly in control. I've always suspected those who claim to love a challenge are less than complete with the truth - like in a tax return, as it were, though all of my returns are, of course,  perfectly clean and honest. Easy, when there's little to hide. That's the basic beauty of being a monk: they can take your cloak right off your back until there's nothing left for them, and then they have to keep you.

I'd rather keep the cloak, though.

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up