Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 1209094 times)

DiamondsDr

Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2300 on: September 10, 2016, 11:51:46 pm »

Hi all, here something from my line of work..

DiamondsDr

« Reply #2301 on: September 10, 2016, 11:57:46 pm »

Hi James, love the image, what was the main source of light in this shot?
Hey Joe,

Don't go that far.  Post what you want, or take it down.  (I think you took it down cause it's commercial work).

My Best To You. 

BC

In good spirit I'll post a commercial image.  Tear it up fellas.

Weldon Brewster

• http://www.weldonbrewster.com
« Reply #2302 on: September 11, 2016, 04:00:39 pm »

Thanks Bob, it's been a fun project to work on.
Weldon Brewster
www.weldonbrewster.com

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #2303 on: September 13, 2016, 12:33:56 pm »

James, nice and clean image and color pallet! Interesting that the shadow behind her shows from both left and right sides.

Here is one from a recent session

bcooter

« Reply #2304 on: September 14, 2016, 07:17:37 am »

Hi James, love the image, what was the main source of light in this shot?

I love Arri Tungsten fresnels.  Their probably the best bang for the buck you can find and digital is quite forgiving with tungsten (depending on camera).

They kind of mess up the blue channel so it seems to give a fraction more grit and to me a film like look.

The shot in yellow has a shadow to give it some depth and as long as the shadow is defined it doesn’t detract, just adds to the image.

It was shot with the spot set on wide and using the doors, just slightly move them in to only cover the subject and background.

The one thing about lighting a subject and working a hard shadow is as the subject moves or changes position, you really need to follow them with the light.

Just 4 inches of movement of the light can make it or break it and I’ve never believed that when your shooting a living subject to plant them in one spot and not let them move.

It depends on your style of work, but I’ve always found that when talent is planted the spontaniety gets lost. 

We mounted a 650 watt Arri  on a C-stand arm somewhat loose and as I shot I direct the assistant to move the light, in this instance is was almost on top of the lens.

It make’s the talent’s blue eyes just pop and has a nice slight fall off on the body and face. 

I’ve used Arri kits forever and have three ranging from 650 to I think 175 watts. 

This was shot with three Fresnels, running a fog machine.   

The plan on the fog machine was to add some extra look to the background, but the cool thing about filling a room full of mist is it softens the light just a touch and gives it a more even spread.

I’ve also used Profoto hard boxes, both of their Fresnel flash heads and they work well, but since we shoot motion on most everything now, I use flash less and less and more continuous lighting.

BC

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2305 on: September 14, 2016, 10:18:54 am »

Some details. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #2306 on: September 14, 2016, 08:41:46 pm »

Nicely handled, Joe.  1 and 4 are cropped a little tight for my taste.  I'de let that building breathe a bit more.

Cooter, rock that orange and teal, Man!  Really beautiful play on the negative space... like sexy Taoism.

IMHO
CB

DiamondsDr

« Reply #2307 on: September 15, 2016, 12:00:41 am »

Hi James, thank you for elaborate answer, i also have pf cine kit(with set of lenses) which i really like.. this one have look like it was shot at northern sunset at least in my eyes...
I love Arri Tungsten fresnels.  Their probably the best bang for the buck you can find and digital is quite forgiving with tungsten (depending on camera).

They kind of mess up the blue channel so it seems to give a fraction more grit and to me a film like look.

The shot in yellow has a shadow to give it some depth and as long as the shadow is defined it doesn’t detract, just adds to the image.

It was shot with the spot set on wide and using the doors, just slightly move them in to only cover the subject and background.

The one thing about lighting a subject and working a hard shadow is as the subject moves or changes position, you really need to follow them with the light.

Just 4 inches of movement of the light can make it or break it and I’ve never believed that when your shooting a living subject to plant them in one spot and not let them move.

It depends on your style of work, but I’ve always found that when talent is planted the spontaniety gets lost. 

We mounted a 650 watt Arri  on a C-stand arm somewhat loose and as I shot I direct the assistant to move the light, in this instance is was almost on top of the lens.

It make’s the talent’s blue eyes just pop and has a nice slight fall off on the body and face. 

I’ve used Arri kits forever and have three ranging from 650 to I think 175 watts. 

This was shot with three Fresnels, running a fog machine.   

The plan on the fog machine was to add some extra look to the background, but the cool thing about filling a room full of mist is it softens the light just a touch and gives it a more even spread.

I’ve also used Profoto hard boxes, both of their Fresnel flash heads and they work well, but since we shoot motion on most everything now, I use flash less and less and more continuous lighting.

BC

bcooter

« Reply #2308 on: September 15, 2016, 10:41:25 am »

Nicely handled, Joe.  1 and 4 are cropped a little tight for my taste.  I'de let that building breathe a bit more.

Cooter, rock that orange and teal, Man!  Really beautiful play on the negative space... like sexy Taoism.

IMHO
CB

Nice work joe.

Chris, like you I love open space in an image and as we shoot more and more motion, I've become accustom to horizontal, broad as possible.

Thanks

BC

MichaelEzra

« Reply #2309 on: September 16, 2016, 02:36:27 pm »

Fresh one from yesterday, using my new 10x17ft hand painted canvas backdrop. It was laying in a roll for over 15 years and now is finally painted and sees the light:)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:33:56 pm by MichaelEzra »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2310 on: September 17, 2016, 05:31:14 pm »

Thanks CB and BC. 

I was trying to be a little more detailed oriented and work with tighter lenses with those. 

Here are some more. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2311 on: September 17, 2016, 05:32:04 pm »

And one of the front that I had a retoucher remove a bunch of electrical wires out of. 

danlandoni

• www.danlandoni.com
« Reply #2312 on: September 18, 2016, 12:19:48 pm »

MichaelEzra

« Reply #2313 on: September 20, 2016, 03:18:52 pm »

A moment of discovery that door of the lantern can be opened!:)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2314 on: September 20, 2016, 03:44:53 pm »

Love that expression, Michael.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

MichaelEzra

« Reply #2315 on: September 21, 2016, 08:14:48 am »

Love that expression, Michael.

Thank you Eirc:) I love working with kids, they are so genuine when you get them to open up.

A very recent one with a beautiful mom of 3

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:59:43 pm by MichaelEzra »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2316 on: September 21, 2016, 07:04:55 pm »

A quick shot I did this morning before realizing that the rest of the day would be for not due to a full overcast.  Today was forecast as being bright and sunny; the weather even messed up the current conditions saying it was bright and sunny as I stood under a sky full of clouds.   

#frustratedarchshooter

Chris Barrett

« Reply #2317 on: September 21, 2016, 07:33:26 pm »

Something recent for a new client.  There were probably a dozen images that went into making this shot, not to mention quite a bit of lighting and furniture moving (furniture moving tends to be the biggest part of my actual job).  All that just to make it look effortless, Like we just showed up and snapped it.

-CB

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #2318 on: September 22, 2016, 02:11:42 am »

Chris - when you create a stitched shot like this do you  just have the camera on a tripod and swing it from side to side and up and down or do you have a rail or something to slide it across? I hope that  made sense!

Chris Barrett

« Reply #2319 on: September 22, 2016, 05:42:04 am »

Sorry for the confusion... It's not stitched.  The variants were bracketed exposures to maintain hilights and then multiple exposures with black clothes blocking reflections from the glass and then one where we needed to place a light into the shot.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 147   Go Up